Hip Bursectomy

How long do I need to do rehabilitation exercises after a hip bursectomy?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 32 year old woman. I am overweight, but definitely on a diet. I had my right bursa removed before three months and then the left bursa was removed last month. The physiotherapist came around the first time and said that there was no need for physiotherapy. I took it upon myself to...  Read Full »

Dr. Akshay Kumar Saxena

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Normally, bursa is a structure that help in easy frictionless movement. Hence, after their removal, all exercises have to be aimed at restoration of posture and balance, stretching of the hip abductor muscles and subsequent strengthening of the hip musculature along with...  Read Full »