Hormonal Therapy

What should I do to get regular periods with PCOS?

Query: Hi doctor, I am suffering from PCOS and have not had my periods for the last five months. I am already obese and a hypothyroid patient. I have started reducing my weight for the last two weeks with workouts and diet. The thing is that I got married last year, but as I was in a long relationship wi...  Read Full »

Dr. Penchala Prasad Kandikattu

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Do not worry. Your reports are normal except for low serum vitamin D levels. (attachment removed to protect patient identity). TSH (thyroid-stimulating hormone) is also at the borderline level. Suppose necessary, we need to increase the Levothyroxine dosage...  Read Full »

I have intermittent and heavy flowing periods. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, My menstrual period has changed a lot for the past two months. I noticed that it has become intermittent and may last for two weeks with super heavy flows with blood clots. Last month, it started suddenly with heavy flow with big blood clot, and I thought it was my first day. However,...  Read Full »

Dr. Nadia Khan

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Menstrual irregularities are very common at your age group and it could be due to endometrial hyperplasia (one of the reasons). I would advise you to get a pelvic scan done to see the endometrial thickness to see how it is. If it is normal, then you might need hormon...  Read Full »

After taking Unwanted 72, I have not got withdrawal bleeding. What to do?

Query: Hi doctor, I had unprotected sex last week, and within three hours, I took Unwanted 72. It was the 11th day of my period. I usually have a 28 to 30 days cycle. Even after five days, I do not have a sign of withdrawal bleeding. What should I have to do if I do not get withdrawal bleeding?  Read Full »

Dr. Uzma Arqam

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. If you have taken Unwanted 72 (Levonorgestrel) within 48 to 72 hours of unprotected sex, with a proper dosage without vomiting, then you can have bleeding within one to two weeks. If these requirements are fulfilled, then there is no need to worry, and you can wait for ...  Read Full »

What are the treatment options for adenomyosis?

Query: Hi doctor, My wife has been diagnosed with adenomyosis. What should we do next?  Read Full »

Dr. Neha Singh Rathod

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The best treatment for adenomyosis and endometriosis, is hormonal therapy or a hormonal IUD (intrauterine device). Also, if you are planning for pregnancy, then plan for it immediately. As time passes by the problem may increase and interfere with the fertility. So, ...  Read Full »

Please suggest tests to diagnose male sex problems.

Query: Hi doctor, This is regarding the personal health of my husband. I am suffering from a very bad sex life due to very low sex interest of my husband. To tell about the past, we had a long courtship period of 1-1/2 years in which I was able to understand from his conversations that he has very low int...  Read Full »

Andrologist, General Practitioner, Geriatrician, Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Psychotherapist, Sexologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your query and understand your concerns. Despite having low sex drive is normal for some men, I do not think the behavior exhibited by your husband falls in the normal range. It is possible that he has some fears related to sexuality, which makes it difficult for ...  Read Full »

What is hormone replacement therapy?

Query: Hello doctor, I take Clorazepate, Quetiapine, Akineton (Biperiden), Ludiomil (Maprotiline) and Lyrica (Pregabalin). I am wondering whether I can go ahead with hormone replacement therapy which includes Estrogen and Spironolactone.  Read Full »

Dr. Divakara P

Diabetologist, Endocrinologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Pain Medicine Physician, Pulmonologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I would like to know first for what purpose you are on these medicines? What is your purpose of planning to go for hormone replacement? Revert back with the asked details to an endocrinologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/endocrino...  Read Full »

Is there a treatment for endometrial hyperplasia in homeopathy?

Query: Hi doctor, Would you be kind to give us a second opinion based on attached files? Please find the attached pathology report of my wife where basically she was given two options. I have uploaded the findings of endometrial hyperplasia. The options given are hormones for life, Progesterone with three...  Read Full »

Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja

General Surgeon, Medical Gastroenterologist, Medical Oncologist, Paediatric Surgeon, Surgical Gastroenterologist, Surgical Oncologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the reports and the history of illness provided (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Considering the fact that the submucosal fibroid is quiet small in size and the histopathology is suggestive of proliferative endometrium, it is advisable...  Read Full »

Why do some guys have a girly figure?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 25 year old male. I am 181 cm tall and I weigh 70 kg. All the members in my family are tall, but I am not that big when compared to my father and brother. I am mentally depressed since my childhood. It is all about my body. I was a female looking boy with very soft body, less...  Read Full »

Dr. Deepika Gorthy

Family Physician, Microbiologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I totally understand your anxiety. Based on the description which you have given, there could be a possibility of Klinefelter syndrome. This condition can be seen in about one in 600 boys. A normal male will have a chromosomal pattern of XY. However, in case of Klinefelt...  Read Full »

Can taking hormonal pills for perimenopause symptoms cause breast cancer?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 46-year-old female who is dealing with perimenopause symptoms. My Ob-gyn has recommended taking low dose of birth control pills to relieve my symptoms. However, I am at a higher risk for breast cancer because my late mother (who died in an auto accident) was a breast cancer sur...  Read Full »

Dr. Nadia Khan

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. That is really sad to hear about your mother but I would like to add into your information that evidence suggests that HRT does not significantly increase the risk of breast cancer. It is only contraindicated if the person taking HRT has breast cancer already. Second...  Read Full »

I do not experience any sexual feeling or get wet. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 27 year old female. Actually, my problem is I do not get wet, and I do not experience any sexual feeling whatever I watch or whatever I do (I mean sexual act or masturbation). Why is it so?  Read Full »

Dr. Bharat Udey

Geriatrician, Psychiatrist, Sexologist, Sleep Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand what you are going through at present. Sexuality is such a topic that most of the people especially females do not discuss. Due to the stigma attached, they do not even come out with their sexual problems. So, I would like to appreciate your initiati...  Read Full »