Q. Can hyperthyroidism be the reason for my vaginal problems?

Dr. Reetika Joshi

I am a 20-year-old female. Right now, I am not sexually active. I have been suffering from a chronic disease for about two years. My vagina acts very oddly. The symptoms have been increasing in these two years. Initially, I thought it was related to sex. But now I think I have hyperthyroidism. I have not taken any antibiotics. Is it a yeast infection? The condition is miserable. What should I do?

#

I can fully understand your concern and will surely help you. You have just said you feel you have hyperthyroidism and your vagina is not all right, but you have not told me any specific signs and symptoms. Hyperthyroidism can lead to irregular heartbeat, fatigue, weight loss, etc. Yeast infection has signs like white discharge from the vagina, irritating sensation around the vagina, bad smell, etc.

Tell me the exact signs so that I can correctly diagnose your condition and help you.

|