Hyperthyroidism

Suffering from Heart palpitations, Hypertension, Depression and Anxiety. Need advice

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 26 year old male. I am having hypertension, palpitation, depression and anxiety. ECG, 2D echo, renal Doppler, VMA culture, cortisol and lipid profile are normal. I need advice.  Read Full »

Dr. Rohit Jain

Cardiologist, Criticalcare Physician, Diabetologist, Endocrinologist, Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Pulmonologist, Sexologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The tests you have mentioned are used to find a cause for significant hypertension. You have not mentioned anything about your BP levels and whether they are really significantly high. We have no details of your weight, your lifestyle and your family history. ...  Read Full »

Can Insulin dosage be increased to control blood sugar levels?

Query: Hi doctor, My wife is a 46-year-old female of 5.4 feet and weight of 80 kg. She has diabetes for around four to five years and hypertension (after medicine 130/80), hyperthyroid (after 150 Eltroxin well controlled) for a similar period. She had a hysterectomy done around four years back. She is on...  Read Full »

Dr. (col) Rakesh Karanwal

Cardiologist, Diabetologist, Endocrinologist, Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Neurologist, Pulmonologist, Rheumatologist, General Practitioner

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thanks for your query. I would initially like to know her TSH (thyroid-stimulating hormone) levels since my target is to maintain TSH to around 1.0. Further, your wife's Insulin is resistant, whereby her dose of Insulin is likely to go up with time. Insulin dose and ag...  Read Full »

Can you make a diagnosis of Grave's disease from my description?

Query: Hello doctor, Can you make a diagnosis of autoimmune or other thyroid disease based on the information? I was treated. My theory is I have autoimmune thyrotoxicosis or Graves' disease. I was taking Lithium for cluster migraine prevention. When I discontinued Lithium I become very anxious in line w...  Read Full »

Dr. Aditi Gupta Jha

General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi,Welcome to icliniq.com.The diagnosis is correct viz hyperthyroid Graves' disease. You certainly need Methimazole for this as well as a thyroid surgery. You should not take Lithium for prolonged use. However, bearing in mind the side effects it has. But I understand you also need it for your gritt...  Read Full »

Why do I still feel like passing out?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 38 year old male. I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism before 1.5 years. Currently, I am on Thyroxine 75 mcg and Aten 25. Still, I have the symptom of passing out feeling. Please advise.  Read Full »

Dr. Rajyaguru

Neuro Surgeon, Neurologist, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I would like to have some more information. When was your last FT4 and TSH levels checked? What do you feel exactly? Is there any generalized weakness or giddiness? Do you have an inability to tolerate cold? Please let me know the answers to discuss further. Revert back w...  Read Full »

What is the reason for persistent high FBS even after medication?

Query: Hello doctor, My FBS used to be around 100-115 while on Metformin 500 mg twice daily (diabetic and PCOS). Recently I have been tired, and feeling hot in the nights, getting night sweats. My FBS was between 150-165 and I visited my doctor and some tests confirmed and he diagnosed me with NASH and pu...  Read Full »

Dr. Penchala Prasad Kandikattu

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have to wait at least two weeks to know whether the drug is working or not. Do regular exercise and yoga. Avoid alcohol and smoking. Eat green leafy vegetables and fruits. Avoid irregular meals, please check whether you are suffering from hypothyroidism or metab...  Read Full »

What causes heel pain only while walking without shoes?

Query: Hi, i am patient of hyperthyroid. My weight was 52kg cause of hyperthyroism, but i start my medicine from 1 and half years before and recovering from thyroid, and now my weight is increased to 73kg and that why i am facing heel pain but with sport shoe i can walking exercises but without shoe i fee...  Read Full »

Dr. Santosh-kumar Bashyal

Answer: Dear, Sending Love and healing energy from here! Looking into your problem ,one of the reason you have yourself mention that weight increased and had heel pain . You have said you were having hyperthyroidism and after medication you got recovered. Those patient having hyper also tend to go into hyp...  Read Full »

How to diagnose stomach problems?

Query: Hi doctor, Yesterday, I had roti with spinach, which is home made. Today morning, I experienced a stomach bout, but not watery. Should I take a combination of antibiotics Ridol and Ulticept 500 mg along with Metrogyl and Eldoper? I am still feeling uneasy. Please guide me on this. Every 20 days, I...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I was trying to understand your blood work. Is your TSH 14 and HbA1c 7%? The reason why I am concerned about these tests is because hyperthyroidism can cause recurrent diarrhea and if your HbA1c (diabetes) number is high it can also cause diarrhea. You can use the Rido...  Read Full »

Though I take Fertisure and Ovabless regularly, it is not helping me to conceive. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I am trying to conceive for the last 2.5 years but not successful. I was on Fertisure F and Ovabless for six months and discontinued because I did not see any results and I am diagonsed with PCOS. I am now on Carbimazole 5 mg for hyperthyroidism.  Read Full »

Dr. Lorena Zijaj

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. PCOS (Polycystic ovary syndrome) and also hyperthyroidism can cause infertility. I saw your examination (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The TSH (thyroid-stimulating hormone) levels is normal. The medication you have taken are only supplements. If you...  Read Full »

Will taking PTU for hyperthyroidism during pregnancy cause any complication?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 26 years old. I have a problem with hyperthyroidism during my pregnancy. I am in my fourth month of pregnancy with TSH- 0.07, T4- 161, T3- 2.34. What are the complications with this? Is it good for me to take PTU.  Read Full »

Dr. Zulfiqar Ahmed

Endocrinologist, Diabetologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Hyperthyroidism in pregnancy is usually treated with Propylthiouracil 50-100 mg/day. Generally, treatment is withdrawn four weeks prior to delivery after which normal doses may be resumed. Your hormone levels are still very high, you need to increase your dose. Pregnan...  Read Full »

What are the causes of panic attacks?

Query: Hi doctor, I have been having panic attacks for the past 13 years. I have been to the hospital on multiple occasions and have been diagnosed with anxiety attacks every time. I have had EKGs and blood work done. All the reports are fine. Sometimes, I am having multiple panic attacks in a day and also...  Read Full »

Psychiatrist, Sexologist, Psychotherapist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. For panic attacks and persistent anxiety, there is a need to get a medical checkup done. Hyperthyroidism, cardiac issues like angina, etc., could cause increased risk of panic attacks. So, if the panic attacks are persistent, then get one ECG done to rule out heart cause...  Read Full »