iCliniq logo

Ask a Doctor Online Now

HomeAnswersSexologyhypogonadismCan hormonal therapy help my friend overcome hypogonadism?

What are the ways to overcome hypogonadism?


The following is an actual conversation between an iCliniq user and a doctor that has been reviewed and published as a Premium Q&A.

Medically reviewed by

iCliniq medical review team

Published At April 14, 2024
Reviewed AtApril 14, 2024

Patient's Query

Hello doctor,

My 25-year-old friend has recently been diagnosed with hypogonadism, and I am seeking guidance on the available treatments and potential side effects. Could you share insights into the medications or testosterone therapy options that are commonly prescribed for this condition? Considering my friend's age and overall health, are there any specific considerations or lifestyle changes that can complement the treatment? I am eager to understand how we can navigate this diagnosis and support my friend in maintaining optimal health. Any advice on what to expect in terms of treatment outcomes and potential adjustments along the way would be greatly appreciated. Do you suggest any therapy for him?What is in the future for him?

Kindly help.

Answered by Dr. Sugreev Singh


Welcome to icliniq.com.

I read your query and can understand your concern.

Yes, actually, in such cases, I suggest hormonal therapy (method of treating the patients with hormone supplement, which the body lacks in production), but we need to find out which hormone deficiency is there and at which level; if the brain is not able to produce enough growth hormone or other hormones, then we need to treat, so further examination is required in this case to check out at which level you have an obstruction or decreased levels of hormones. I suggest that you should check your testosterone levels before taking testosterone medications. So please check your testosterone levels and, if there are any deficiencies, then we can give you medications accordingly.

I hope this information will help you.

Kindly revert back in case of further queries.

Thank you.

Same symptoms don't mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Dr. Sugreev Singh
Dr. Sugreev Singh

Internal Medicine

Community Banner Mobile
By subscribing, I agree to iCliniq's Terms & Privacy Policy.

Ask your health query to a doctor online


*guaranteed answer within 4 hours

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. iCliniq privacy policy