Testosterone Supplement

Recently, I have lost the ability to ejaculate. What to do?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 60 year old male with type 2 diabetes (HbA1c 6.2). Recently, I have lost the ability to ejaculate. Erections are not the problem, just no orgasm or ejaculate. Everything feels right during stimulation but stops short of actually going over the top. I went to a urologist, but he did...  Read Full »

Dr. Saurabh S Pandya

Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Poor or absent ejaculation occurs due to medicines for prostate or due to diabetes. In some diabetic patients, there is retrograde ejaculation (into the bladder) or sometimes no ejaculation. This can be confirmed by post ejaculation urine test for sperms. However, this s...  Read Full »

I have a low sex drive with reduced energy in my body. Please suggest a treatment.

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 30 year old male. I am suffering from low sex drive. I usually get the early ejection, but will have two or three sessions of sex in a single night. Nowadays, it takes at least 12 hours for next erection. I feel low energy level throughout the day. Most of the time, I feel myself i...  Read Full »

Dr. Shahil Khant

Andrologist, General Surgeon, Urologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen the reports attached by you (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Though your total testosterone is 278, I feel it is little on the lower side. Actually, testosterone level of less than 300 is considered less. Also, I think one time sex in the n...  Read Full »

Can hemoglobin and hematocrit be elevated due to testosterone injections?

Query: Hello doctor, I am concerned about my CBC. Three years back, my hematocrit has usually been in 40 (upper range). Last year, my doctor gave me testosterone injections. Five months ago, we found out my hematocrit went to 52.3. I stopped taking the infusion, and four months back, I went to a hematolog...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to the icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. Following is my opinion on your asked questions. Initially, four months ago, your hemoglobin and hematocrit are elevated due to testosterone injections. You had secondary polycythemia at that time. Testosterone induced polycythemia...  Read Full »

Is my testosterone level normal for my age?

Query: Hi doctor, I have not grown to the expected height. I am 173 cm. My mother is 173 cm and father is 189 cm. I had a blood test to determine my HGH levels. The doctor asked me for a testosterone and GH test. The result came back a week later and it said that I had a low HGH level and a 21/42 level te...  Read Full »

Dr. Shahil Khant

Andrologist, General Surgeon, Urologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please relax and do not worry. You have not mentioned the exact HGH level values (human growth hormone) and testosterone values with units. I suggest you upload your reports. As you said, definitely you have low testosterone levels. But, do not worry. It is definitely ...  Read Full »

Does erection problems persist after discontinuing antidepressant?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 23 years old and I am on Citalopram, Buspirone, and Valium. In the past few weeks, I have stopped taking Valium. I am taking only 2.5 mg to wean off and just today I discontinued the Citalopram as well after gradually cutting down from 40 mg to 10 over the last two weeks. I still ...  Read Full »

Dr. Vivekanandan G

Andrologist, Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. If the erection problem is due to antidepressants, then it will become invariably normal once you stop the medications. In your case, the reason must be marijuana. I think it is better you stop that and also get your early morning serum testosterone assay done. For furthe...  Read Full »

Are Ashwagandha and Shilajit good for boosting testosterone while body building?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 28 years old. 80 kg and 5 feet 7 inches. Regular to the gym. Instead of using any artificial testosterone or any type of supplement in the gym, I recently found out about Ashwagandha and Shilajit which are natural and provide a testosterone boost naturally. Is it safe to consume 600...  Read Full »

Dr. Ishwar Chandra Rai

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have selected good natural medicines to testosterone booster. We do prescribe these medicines to improve natural body strength and immunity, and not specifically for body-building. But, you can use it on regular basis for two months. If Ashwagandha is available ...  Read Full »

Does donating blood affect blood test results?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a few queries about blood donation. I am traveling abroad for joining a new company there and I will have medical tests, which includes blood tests for all lipid profile, cholesterol, liver tests, hemoglobin, WBC, RBC, platelets, etc., and for HIV, hepatitis, etc. I am a regular bl...  Read Full »

Dr. Sugandh Garg

Diabetologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Toxicologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Blood donation will not affect your blood reports. However, for blood donation your medical reports that is overall health should be good and that includes all tests to be normal irrespective of blood donation. For what ailment are you taking the hormone testosterone...  Read Full »

What can be done for erectile dysfunction with grade 1 varicocele?

Query: Hi doctor,My T hormone is 157 dl and prolactin is 22. My sperm is 28 million and normal morphology. The scan showed normal testis size but grade l varicocele both sides but I have erection dysfunction and no sensation in my penis.  Read Full »

Dr. Saurabh S Pandya

Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your serum testosterone levels are on the lower side. But the semen analysis is good. So do not take hormone replacement now. If you take testosterone supplementation, chances of decreased sperm count are there. Grade one varicocele does not require treatment unless it ...  Read Full »

How to maintain sperm count through treatment?

Query: Hi doctor, I am suffering from hypogonadotropic hypogonadism. I am taking HCG 5000 and HMG 150 injection twice a week. My sperm production has started from azoospermia. We have done IVF and it was successful. My doctor asked to take testosterone injection, but if I take this my sperm production will...  Read Full »

Dr. Deep Dutta

Endocrinologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. HCG (human chorionic gonadotropin) and HMG (human menopausal gonadotropin) are excellent choices to ensure a good sperm production, which is needed for fertility that you have achieved. However, this treatment combination rarely leads to normal testosterone levels, w...  Read Full »

Please suggest a medicine, which can cure erection problems and low libido.

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 33 year old male, who has schizophrenia and depression from the last 12 years. My current problem is low libido and erection-related issues. I do not wish to take any medicine like Viagra or other similar medicines. Please suggest a medicine which can cure my problem. I also need...  Read Full »

Andrologist, General Practitioner, Geriatrician, Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Psychotherapist, Sexologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your query and understand your concerns. From the available description, there are following things which are responsible for decreased libido and erection problem: Obesity. Diabetes. High blood pressure and medications. Low testosterone level. I suggest the follow...  Read Full »