Q. I have terrible gas trouble. Kindly help.

Dr. Ishwar Chandra Rai
and medically reviewed by Dr. Nithila A
Published on Sep 14, 2019

I am 60 years old. I always had stomach issues but now at the end of the day I have terrible gas trouble, and it does not matter what I eat. Beano helps a little. Could this be IBS?

Lab tests performed:

All lab test are normal.

Dr. Ishwar Chandra Rai

#

I can understand your concern. Some times it may happen due to intestinal flora. Some food habits also cause such conditions. IBS (irritable bowel syndrome) patients will be suffering from frequent loose motion and constipation. Stress is one of the primary cause of this issue. It can be managed naturally (without medicines) if you know the origin of the problem.

Now you can take Hingwastaka Churna 3gm twice a day with the first bolus of food thrice a day and drink plenty of lukewarm water half an hour after food.

Avoid spicy and fried junk foods.
Do regular kapalbhati and Mandukasana as well as pranayana like Anuloma Vilom Nadi Sodhan and Bhramari.

Do these things and provide your valuable feedback after 15 days

Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) - Symptoms, Causes and Treatment

Article Overview: Irritable bowel syndrome is one of the annoying gastrointestinal tract diseases because of the chronic nature of the disease and the variety of symptoms that can interfere with your daily life. Read Article

Dr. Mahmoud Abdallah Elashkar

Irritable bowel syndrome is a functional disturbance of colonic motility without organic causes. IBS is characterized by abdominal pain and altered bowel habits. Causes:  Unknown, but psychological disturbance plays a role. Symptoms: IBS is known to have a long history with long interval pe...  Read Article

Ask a Naturopathy Specialist Now