Q. Why is there continuous release of gas from my stomach?

Dr. Noushif M
Published on Dec 20, 2017

I am suffering from a gastric problem for the last one year. There is a continuous release of gas from my stomach. The stomach sort of puffs up all the time, gas production is in every 10 to 15 minutes and it goes out through the anus or mouth. After 10 to 15 minutes again I have the same symptoms.

I have visited many doctors but they are unable to cure completely. Recently I visited a doctor and he prescribed me to take some capsules like Panlipase 25000, Velgut, and Medigas and after taking these capsules, I feel better. He advised to continue the medicines and now I am in the third month. But still, the problem persists. What is the reason behind the release of gases and how can it be cured completely?

Dr. Noushif M

General Surgery Medical Gastroenterology Surgical Gastroenterology
#

Gas formation is not always abnormal and need not always be treated.

You can take precautions like avoiding foodstuffs which can increase gas production.

Other measures are to regularise bowel habits, avoid constipation and have an adequate intake of water daily up to two to three liters.

Tablets like Velgut (Probiotic) help temporarily.

For more information consult a medical gastroenterologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/medical-gastroenterologist

Will my PCOD get cured with homeopathy treatment?

Query: Hello doctor, I have PCOD for about 15 years. I have all symptoms of pcod and irregular periods problem. I had one miscarriage 5 years ago due to cervical incompetence. I just started taking Kalarchi choornam for 48 days and facing some side effects. My body is developing heat and I have got some ...  Read Full »

Can Rabium be used for a long time?

Query: Hello doctor, My mother is 47 years old. She takes Rabium 20 mg tablet daily and it gives her relief in her health problem. I just wanted to know whether this medicine is safe on daily basis. Does this cause any side effects? Is it safe for my mom to take it for a long time?  Read Full »

Natural Sources and Health Benefits of Probiotics

Article Overview: This article explains about probiotics, their health benefits, and natural sources of probiotics. Read Article

Dr. Lekshmi Rita Venugopal

Probiotics are naturally occurring bacteria in our gut. The word 'Probiotic' is derived from a Latin word 'Pro’ meaning ‘Promoting’ and the Greek word 'Biotic' which means 'Life.' Probiotics are live microorganisms in the gut that have several health benefits. Many kinds of ba...  Read Article