Q. What could be the reason for continuous mucus and gas formation with a bad smell?

Dr. Smit Uttam Janrao
Published on Sep 07, 2018

I have a continuous mucus and gas formation with the bad smell like rotten fish. I also have hemorrhoid.

Dr. Smit Uttam Janrao

#

I think you should provide the history in detail so that I can get enough data for diagnosis. Since how many days you are having this problem and do stools stir over water after toilet and difficult to flush? Do you have bleeding piles?

For more information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

For the last six years, I am suffering from above-mentioned problems. By birth has only one kidney that is on the right side. I had a cold, cough, asthma problem, allergic to dust and mucus is disposing of with stools. The stools are floating and sticky. It is flushable, and I am not able to pass all stools at the same time because it seems that something is blocking the stools at the anus.

Every time loads of gas forms in the body and it is the continuous process. As gas pass with the bad smell (like rotten fish, sulfur-like smell or smell like dysentery) again gas forms and same case is with mucus in the body. The problem mentioned above is with my father, elder sister and now myself and maybe it is with my forefathers. No bleeding piles as of now.

Dr. Smit Uttam Janrao

#

I think your problem more pointing towards malabsorption disorder. I will advise you to get the following test to be done.

1. Upper GI (gastrointestinal) endoscopy.
  2. Stool routine microscopy.
  3. Complete hemogram.

Until that time I will suggest some of the following medicines. Capsule Entroflora (Probiotic) twice a day for five days and syrup Meyerzyme (fungal diastase plus pepsin) two teaspoon before large meals for 15 days. Avoid bakery foods and carbonated drinks and consume green leafy vegetables. Drink at least two and a half liters of water per day.

Here I am uploading two test reports. For endoscopy will do test in next week. I had taken test plan previously as suggested by you. Do I need to repeat it?

Dr. Smit Uttam Janrao

#

Your reports are suggestive of intestinal infection most probably due to worms. Further evaluation of stool culture and upper GI endoscopy with intestinal biopsy needed. Take tablet Alba (Albendazole) 400 once for three days.

I got internal hemorrhoids and now bleeding on passing stools. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor,I am in a situation that I cannot go to any hospital for the next three weeks. That is why I am seeking help from online. I am a 27 year old female and I got internal hemorrhoids and a small grape-like clump on my bum which I got long, long ago. A month ago I got constipation and this led ...  Read Full »

What can cause the stool to float and change color?

Query: Hello doctor, About 18 months ago, my stomach distended, and my stool turned from brown to light brown and eventually yellow. After that, I started to lose weight at a rapid rate, 40 lbs in 15 months. I was given multiple blood tests, an upper endoscopy, and abdominal ultrasounds. The only thing of...  Read Full »

How can I attain appropriate height and weight for my age?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 20 years old. My weight is 53 kg and height is 167 cm. I look small for my age. There is no appropriate growth. Can you suggest any medication or supplement for this?  Read Full »