Ileostomy

Why do I have some weird feelings on the opposite side of the ileostomy?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 29-year-old male with a weight of 63 kilograms and a height of five feet six inches. I went for a pain in my side. It turned out to be an abscess and internal infection. They ended up doing an ileostomy. Recently I started to have some weird feeling in my left side on and off on...  Read Full »

Dr. Mian Shah Yousaf

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. A patient with suspected Crohn's disease can have some discomfort due to a stricture or narrowing or inflammation in the bowel. If you do not have a fever, then disturbance in ileostomy can cause bleeding or distension in it. Otherwise, it is not an emergency condition ...  Read Full »

Kindly suggest treatment for ulcerative colitis?

Query: Hi doctor, I am suffering from ulcerative colitis for the past five years. I had a colonoscopy twice and sigmoidoscopy once in the past five years. I am 28 years old. I had Balacol 750 mg six times a day and Mesacol enema for a month. Because of short supply of Balacol, I cannot take it for one week...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com We are here to help you. You seem to be suffering from ulcerative colitis and that requires evidence of the findings in colonoscopy and biopsy. This is a chronic condition and requires chronic treatment based on the severity of the disease and the ongoing symptoms.¬†Treatm...  Read Full »

Does elevated blood sugar post coloanal anastomosis and ileostomy indicate diabetes?

Query: Hello doctor, My brother is 34 years old. He recently underwent a low anterior resection with coloanal anastomosis and ileostomy for stage 2 Ca rectum. On day 2 of surgery, he started to have nausea and vomiting. On day 4, after surgery, we were told he had developed some post-operative ileus, and ...  Read Full »

Dr. Nagaraj Patil

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern for your brother. I am not sure if the sugar values mentioned here are taken at a particular time of the day. I assume them to be random blood sugar levels. Nausea and vomiting could be because of the effect of anesthesia and the antibiotics h...  Read Full »