Immunity

Please interpret my immunization results.

Query: Hello doctor, I got immunization check as it is a university requirement and the following were the results. I have not been on medication for the following and also am not on any medication right now. Please interpret these results. 1. HAV-IgG to Hep A - 11.48 (reactive). 2. Mumps - 47 (positive...  Read Full »

Dr. Elvis Nderitu

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. No need to worry despite the results turning positive. For instance, for hepatitis, the virus that is considered to be dangerous is hepatitis B, all the same, you need to take hepatitis immunization, which I believe is a requirement when joining the school. For the M...  Read Full »

Please tell all the ways vitamin C affects the immune system.

Query: Hello doctor, Please tell all the ways vitamin C affects the immune system.  Read Full »

Dr. Albana Greca

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Ways of how vitamin C affects the immune system: It improves: 1. Antimicrobial and natural killer cell activities. 2. Lymphocytes proliferation. 3. Chemotaxis. 4. Delayed type hypersensitivity. 5. Contributes to maintaining redox integrity of the cells. 6. S...  Read Full »

What do you think about drinking water from copper vessels?

Query: Hello doctor, I read about the ancient practice of drinking water from copper vessels. Is it really good for health? My 3 year old son has wheezing and respiratory problems. Also, once he was admitted to hospital for sepsis. He is using the Foracort inhaler twice a day and Zincovit syrup once a day....  Read Full »

Dr. Alka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I just read your query. Our elders and seers advise us to take water stored in a copper vessel, and scientifically it has been proven too. Copper has antibacterial, anti-viral and anti-inflammatory properties. So, you can take water stored in a copper vessel and giv...  Read Full »

How can I improve my immunity against pneumonia?

Query: Hello doctor, How can I improve my immunity for pneumonia since I already had it five times? Once when I was a kid, thrice in high school and currently at college. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Amolkumar W Diwan

Allergy Specialist, Pulmonologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Pneumonia is a lung infection. It is a serious problem if you do not care about it in timely. You get pneumonia due to infection with bacteria, virus or fungus or if your immunity goes down. You said you had pneumonia five times in your lifetime. As you h...  Read Full »

I have non-itchy red bumps. Is it due to chickenpox?

Query: Hi doctor, I have been diagnosed with chicken pox. However, I am skeptical because not only the red bumps are not nearly as prolific as normally seen in chicken pox patients but they also are not itchy in the slightest. Could this just be an outbreak connected to spring allergies or is it just a mi...  Read Full »

Dr. Shanza Ikram

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your case. Firstly, yes this is a mild form of chickenpox which occurs in those individuals who have very good immunity. But important thing in your history is that you already had chicken pox in your childhood. Once after getting chickenpox, it is e...  Read Full »

Can a child travel by air after adenoidectomy?

Query: Hello doctor, My 17 months old daughter booked in for grommets and adenoidectomy due to fluid in middle ear and recurrent ear infections. We are flying two weeks after the procedure. We will be visiting a place with bad air pollution. Will she be more at risk of respiratory infection with no adenoi...  Read Full »

Allergy Specialist, General Practitioner, ENT Otolaryngologist, Family Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. At a place with bad air pollution, one's respiratory mucosa tends to get excoriated and irritated due to the harmful contents in the air. This can make the area supple and raw and more prone to bacteria and viruses in the surroundings. Having removed adenoids does n...  Read Full »

When is it safe to give measles vaccine if the child already has chickenpox?

Query: Hello doctor, My baby is 9 months old. His measles vaccine is pending and he got chickenpox just 10 days before. Is it safe to give measles vaccine today?  Read Full »

Dr. Sirisha

Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Chickenpox and measles are similar kind of diseases, categorized as viral infections with a rash. In such a scenario, it is better to give measles vaccine one month after full recovery from chickenpox. It is not a problem to give measles vaccine after a month. Until...  Read Full »

What is the effect of Giloy in preventing cancer, especially due to HPV?

Query: Hello doctor,I wanted to know the benefits of Giloy. Can it prevent cancer? Western medicine has no answer to many viruses such as HPV. What is the effect of Giloy on our immune system? Is it immensely good? Also, is there any way to detoxify one's body through Ayurvedic herbs?  Read Full »

Dr. Raman Kaushik

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Giloy or Guduchi (Tinospora cordifolia) is a very important herb in Ayurveda. Giloy has a sphere of action. Generally, it improves the immunity of a person and bears antipyretic and anti-inflammatory properties. HPV (human papillomavirus) infection is a very common ca...  Read Full »

How to gain weight as I am underweight and more vulnerable to climate change?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 32 years old. I am underweight and my BMI is low (below 18). I do not have any other medical issues. But, I used to get vulnerable cold and cough to climate change.  Read Full »

Dr. Shakti Mishra

Fitness Expert, Nutritionist, Physiotherapist, Yoga Specialist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Basically, your immune system is very weak. Some people like you are very much prone to cold and cough, because of which the body's normal biological systems gets disturbed during each season. When our immune system gets altered our antigens, which are the fighting soldie...  Read Full »

Do I need to have a rabies vaccine towards an unsure scratch ?

Query: Hello doctor,Two days before a small puppy came and I am not sure whether he scratched me or not. There is no big mark on feet. But I have a very small cut in my hand. I have cleared my jeans with that hand. So I am doubtful my cut has come in contact with that place where puppy licks. Sir do I need...  Read Full »

Dr. Nidhin Mohan

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Just take the first dose and second dose after three days. There is no need for five doses. The last dose was taken just a few months back. Anti-rabies antibodies will still persist in the body and provide immunity. But still, reexposure within one year requires two dos...  Read Full »