Q. How can I improve my immunity against pneumonia?

Dr. Amolkumar W Diwan
Published on May 28, 2016 and last reviewed on: Jun 15, 2019

How can I improve my immunity for pneumonia since I already had it five times? Once when I was a kid, thrice in high school and currently at college. Please help.

Dr. Amolkumar W Diwan

Allergy Specialist Pulmonology (Asthma Doctors)
#

• You get pneumonia due to infection with bacteria, virus or fungus or if your immunity goes down.
  • You said you had pneumonia five times in your lifetime. As you had it with a gap of some period, it is not recurrent pneumonia.
  • Generally speaking, you can improve your immunity by taking good nutrition, green leafy vegetables, nuts, and doing regular exercise.
  • Good sleep is also very important to this. Avoiding stress and anxiety will help to improve immunity.
  • You can get vaccination such as pneumococcal vaccine and influenza vaccine for better immunity.
  • So, immunity is effect of all. No single medicine or diet will improve immunity.
  • This all will help you build better immunity over a period of time.

For further doubts consult a pulmonologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/pulmonologist

Is it necessary to get vaccinated after a dog bite?

Query: Hi doctor, My child has a wound in his inner part of the foot. He is 3.6 years old. He is saying that a puppy bites him and also says injured from stone. We are confused and visited a doctor. He advised us to four doses of injection. Will it cause any side effect when there is no dog bite?  Read Full >>

Dr. Deepak Patel
Child Health Specialist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. If you are in doubt that dog bite has occurred or not, then it is always advisable to give the antirabies vaccine. There is no harm in giving an antirabies vaccine. You should give anti-rabies vaccine because rabies is a fatal disease once it occurs and there is no treatm...  Read Full

Lifestyle Modifications for Women's Health

Article Overview: Learn about simple lifestyle changes and healthy habits that can help a woman stay disease-free and enjoy life to the fullest. Read Article

Dr. Shakti Mishra
Fitness Expert

Women of today find it very difficult to juggle between their personal and professional life, especially if they are mothers. But, having two incomes at home has become a necessity rather than a luxury. Yes, it does feel very good to call oneself a working woman, but the working hours are taking a t...  Read Article

Health Benefits from Eating Eggs

Article Overview: Egg protein has the highest nutritive quality as compared to any other dietary protein. An egg is said to be a complete food because of its nutritional benefits, such as vitamins, minerals, proteins, best quality of fat, etc. Read Article

Dr. Durga Kumari
Nutritionist

Who does not know the benefits of an egg? I think everyone is familiar with this nutritious white diamond of the food group. It is a rich source of all nutrients except vitamin C (ascorbic acid). An egg of 50 g weight contains the following: Calorie - 85. Protein - 6.5 g (13 % of RDA). Fat - 6....  Read Article

Ask a Pulmonologist Now