Q. How can I improve my immunity against pneumonia?

Dr. Amolkumar W. Diwan
This is a premium question & answer published on May 28, 2016 and last reviewed on: Jun 15, 2019

How can I improve my immunity for pneumonia since I already had it five times? Once when I was a kid, thrice in high school and currently at college. Please help.

#

• You get pneumonia due to infection with bacteria, virus or fungus or if your immunity goes down.
  • You said you had pneumonia five times in your lifetime. As you had it with a gap of some period, it is not recurrent pneumonia.
  • Generally speaking, you can improve your immunity by taking good nutrition, green leafy vegetables, nuts, and doing regular exercise.
  • Good sleep is also very important to this. Avoiding stress and anxiety will help to improve immunity.
  • You can get vaccination such as pneumococcal vaccine and influenza vaccine for better immunity.
  • So, immunity is effect of all. No single medicine or diet will improve immunity.
  • This all will help you build better immunity over a period of time.

For further doubts consult a pulmonologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/pulmonologist

|