Immunity Booster Foods

Even after eating healthy foods, what are the reasons for not gaining weight?

Query: Hi doctor, I eat healthy food on time. When I feel hungry I used to eat good quantity of food, but I am not putting weight. What could be the reason?  Read Full »

Dr. Muhammad M. Hanif Md.

Cardiologist, Criticalcare Physician, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have thoroughly gone through your case and can well understand your genuine health concerns.  Read Full »

How to improve my daughter's immunity through diet?

Query: Hello doctor,My daughter is 6 years old. She is often prone to cold and fever during rainy and winter seasons. Our doctor says to improve her immunity through proper diet. We are vegetarians, but I am planning to give her eggs. Lots of people are telling lots of ideas, and I am confused. I need a pr...  Read Full »

Dr. Sanchari Majumder

Nutritionist, Dietician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I suggest the following diet for your daughter. The alternative foods are also mentioned below. Early Morning: 7 AM - Hot milk with turmeric one glass or warm milk with half spoon Baidyanath chyawanprash or juice of tulsi leaves and one tablespoon honey mixture or soake...  Read Full »

What are the foods that can be eaten when you are sick?

Query: Hello doctor, Kindly tell me: 1. What are some foods that are great to eat when you are sick? 2. How can these foods boost your immune system or promote healing, etc.? 3. Is it important to eat a variety of foods when you are sick, or more important to stick to a few highly nutritious staples? ...  Read Full »

Dr. Alka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I just read your query. Yes, food is always important especially when you are sick. Because if you take proper food you will not require medicine. When you are sick you need to take food which should be easy to digest, healthy, maintain fluid and electrolytes balance...  Read Full »

How to gain weight as I am underweight and more vulnerable to climate change?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 32 years old. I am underweight and my BMI is low (below 18). I do not have any other medical issues. But, I used to get vulnerable cold and cough to climate change.  Read Full »

Dr. Shakti Mishra

Fitness Expert, Nutritionist, Physiotherapist, Yoga Specialist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Basically, your immune system is very weak. Some people like you are very much prone to cold and cough, because of which the body's normal biological systems gets disturbed during each season. When our immune system gets altered our antigens, which are the fighting soldie...  Read Full »

Ayurveda medicines to increase the Immunity?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a mother of a 3 year old. My son is suffering from cold and cough. He gets vomiting whenever he coughs continuously. Also, he gets cold and coughs very often in the last one year. Until 15 months of age, he did not get even a single episode of cold or a cough. I am so worried about ...  Read Full »

Dr. Arul Amuthan

Ayurveda Specialist, Naturopathy Specialist, Pharmacologist, Siddha Medicine Specialist, Toxicologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. A constant cough leads to vomiting, and that will expel the sputum. It is the body's natural mechanism. Nothing to worry. Please check whether the bed or the floor (where he lives) is dusty. Maintain the environment clean. Wash the bed sheets frequently and dry in the sun...  Read Full »

How to prevent the spread of cancer through ayurveda?

Query: Hello doctor, My father is 84 years old. A few months ago, he was diagnosed with basal-cell carcinoma on the forehead. It was removed by CO2 laser. Three years ago, he had melanoma. It was removed and no longer appeared. His present complaints are an abdominal hernia after surgery, cardiac ischemia,...  Read Full »

Dr. Arul Amuthan

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. In Ayurveda and Siddha, we manipulate the immune system of the patient with herbal drugs. The improved self-immunity has adequate capacity to scavenge (kill) the cancer cells. Thus, we prevent the spread of cancers. The following two drugs are the best to improve immun...  Read Full »

Is oral HSV 2 infection uncommon?

Query: Hi doctor, I was recently diagnosed with HSV 2. I am having both genial and oral lesions. What is the best dosage of Valtrex to kill virus? Also, is HIV 2 oral infection uncommon one? I had shingles before 10 years and at that my doctor believed it as HSV 2. My IgG blood test showed HSV 1 0.06 and ...  Read Full »

Dr. Muhammad M. Hanif Md.

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, oral HSV 2 (herpes simplex virus) is uncommon, but it can be the cause. Same way HSV 1 is mostly oral, but it can cause genital disease too. The dosage of Valtrex (Valaciclovir) differs according to the course of the disease such as initial disease episode and recurr...  Read Full »

How can I remain fertile for a longer period?

Query: Hi doctor, I have so many issues to discuss with you. Let me explain you one by one. Even though my scalp is very oily, the upper surface of the hair becomes quickly damaged and dry. I also have enough hair fall. I tried using a conditioner after shampoo and that helps certainly, but not much. I ne...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I suggest you use Biotin 5000 mcg daily for strong hairs. You can also use shampoos that can give you volume. Which shampoo and conditioner are you using and how often? Regarding stomach and acidity, I suggest Ranitidine or Zantac 150 mg once daily before 45 m...  Read Full »

Please suggest a good diet to improve the immunity of a 9 months old baby?

Query: Hi doctor, My daughter is almost 9 months now. She is gaining good weight and height. What should I include in her diet chart to boost immunity, height and make her complexion bright? Please provide a good dietary solution.  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Congratulations for having the little miracle. I guess she is breastfed. If that is correct, then she got plenty from her mom. Regarding the diet, the important point is to make sure that she gets all essential nutrients. Add diet rich in vitamin C, E and A, frui...  Read Full »

What is the reason for continuous eye allergy and irritation?

Query: Hi doctor, I have eye allergy for the past 1.7 years. I have consulted many doctors. I am using steroid eye drops too, but my eye allergy is still present. My eye irritates when it contact with blowing air, perfumes, air conditioner, strong odors, when I get cold and sometimes suddenly without any ...  Read Full »

Dr. N. Sathian

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It seems to be a generalized allergy with sneezing, cold eye symptoms and headache which could be due to sinusitis, pharyngitis and allergic conjunctivitis. This can be triggered either because of a drop in your anti-allergic immunity or any form of new exposure due to ch...  Read Full »