Infarction

What causes right side paralysis with high blood pressure?

Query: Hi doctor, The patient is suffering from right side paralysis. The patient is unable to speak and communicate. Also, the BP level is too high. What is your advise?  Read Full »

Dr. Chibitam Hope Obia

General Practitioner, Family Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Regarding your right side paralysis, communication difficulty along with high blood pressure, I strongly believe that you have developed brain infarction following a cerebrovascular accident. In view of this, please do the following test. CT scan, ECG and chest x-ray...  Read Full »

Please give me your opinion regarding my CT scan.

Query: Hi doctor, One year ago, the patient had seizure and fits. I have attached the preliminary observation report, which was done by a neurologist. Then, we started the medication as per the prescription. During the course, the patient reported intermittent light headache. A week before, the patient had...  Read Full »

Dr. J Mariano Anto Bruno Mascarenhas

Family Physician, General Practitioner, Neuro Surgeon, Neurologist, Spine Health Specialist, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your query with diligence and would like you to know that I am here to help you. The latest CT scan done shows a mass lesion in the right parietal lobe. To find out the nature of this mass and to decide the course of treatment, we need to do an MRI. If...  Read Full »

Kindly suggest a treatment plan based on my MRI.

Query: Hi doctor, This is in regard to my mother. She is 51 years old. Her weight is 112 kg. She has severe pain in the lumbar spine till her bottom and not the legs. She had done an MRI of her spine earlier and got detected with slipped discs. Recently, she did another MRI of her brain and whole screening...  Read Full »

Dr. Naresh Kumar Monigari

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I had gone through all the data posted (attachment removed to protect patient identity). I would like to keep my answer as simple as possible so that you can understand easily. Regarding MRI brain, why MRI brain was done? On what suspicion doctor has advised MRI brai...  Read Full »

Is there a specific treatment for compressive spine fracture?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a case of a 47 year old man, who went through a car accident. The scan showed a compressive fracture of T12 wth predominance into the canal 7 mm. The patient was told to stay in bed with a plastic corsage around his waist to prevent sudden movements. Around two to three months ...  Read Full »

Dr. J Mariano Anto Bruno Mascarenhas

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com.I have read your question with care and understood the concern. The inability to move the right leg could be due to compressive fracture T12 or periventricular hypodense lesions. Barely feeling right arm is due to periventricular hypodense lesions or some undiagnosed prob...  Read Full »

Is surgery necessary for a blood clot in the brain?

Query: Hi doctor, My father is in ICU since 48 to 50 hours. Blood clot has formed in vein of the brain. His right side of the body is not functioning. Doctors are saying that he is recovering, but very slowly. Please give your opinion.  Read Full »

Dr. Geetha Priyadarsini Kamminana

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. A stroke is an abrupt deprivation of the blood flow to the brain due to a blockage or the rupture of a blood vessel in the brain. Acute ischemic stroke is caused by thrombotic or embolic occlusion of a cerebral artery and is more common than hemorrhagic stroke. In your...  Read Full »

Kindly review CT scan taken for two strokes and advise.

Query: Hello doctor, A 76-year-old female's CT scan showed the following. Clinical information: CT scan of the head, volume scan of the whole brain obtained without IV contrast administration. Findings: Large CSF density hypodense lesion is seen in the right cerebellar hemisphere. Left cerebellar hemispher...  Read Full »

Dr. Ajay Panwar

Internal Medicine Physician, Neurologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The CT report which you have uploaded suggests large brain infarcts (attachment removed to protect patient identity). I would appreciate if you can upload the CT film also to have a better view of the same. Besides, in such large infarcts, many patients may not recover ...  Read Full »

Is there any treatment for brain shrinkage?

Query: Hello doctor, My grandmother is suffering from the problem of brain shrinkage. She is not speaking for the last five days. Doctor informed us that this shrinkage is not going to get better. Kindly help us. Is there any treatment for brain shrinkage?  Read Full »

Dr. Rajyaguru

Neuro Surgeon, Neurologist, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand the symptoms and have seen the CT scan report (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Age related shrinkage is a normal phenomenon. It happens to everyone. We do not expect patients to lose speech because of that. I suspect cerebral infraction that ...  Read Full »

Which waves in my treadmill stress test indicate problems?

Query: Hello doctor,Attached is a treadmill stress test result. I would like to obtain technical info regarding these results, particularly regarding the infarction. I would appreciate the severity of this infarction and whether it could be a machine error. Could you also tell me by perhaps drawing on the ...  Read Full »

Cardiologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your report (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It is unlikely to be a machine error. Errors do not have such patterns and it is suggestive of old infarction only. Its present in inferior leads, which suggests inferior part of the he...  Read Full »

Is fecal incontinence related to previous stroke?

Query: Hello doctor, The patient is experiencing fecal incontinence, he had brain infarct a few years back and has trouble walking and speech. Walking is totally restricted due to loss of control over his sphincter. He is taking probiotic Vibact twice after food.  Read Full »

Dr. Aida Quka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read carefully your question and would explain that fecal incontinence is not a common sign of stroke. It could be related to vascular dementia (compatible with the MRI findings). Coming to this point, I would recommend some diet modifications (avoiding food which...  Read Full »

My sister got cerebral infarction due to emotion. How to get her treated?

Query: Hi doctor, My 21 year old sister got cerebral infarction because she talked to father after 15 years and big emotions were involved. One of her pupils of the eye became larger and she could not see properly. Doctor has done CT and confirmed it was cerebral infarction. She is already fine for the mom...  Read Full »

Dr. Hitesh Kumar

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. As you mention that your 21 year old sister had cerebral infarction, she needs a full evaluation to search etiology of stroke in a young age of 21 (young stroke). As you say, her one pupil became large and she could not see properly, such symptom may suggest involvemen...  Read Full »