Inflammation Marker

Why do I have persistent pain in the right lower back?

Query: Hi doctor, I had an injury in the left SI joint two years ago. Because of it, I am lying, walking and sitting only on my right side. Now left side is fine, but I have developed tingling and burning pain in the right lower back. My MRI, x-ray of spine and SI joints are normal. Blood tests for ankylos...  Read Full »

Dr. Akshay Kumar Saxena

Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have mentioned injury to your left SI joint (sacroiliac joint) two years ago which is fine right now. But, you have not mentioned the exact nature of the injury and treatment received for it. Also, your main problem right now is pain in the lower back region mainly to...  Read Full »

Why do I have pain in my hands and wrists?

Query: Hi doctor, I am having pain in my hands and wrist and it started a few months ago. It is typically in the morning. I visited a doctor and she did blood tests. The result flagged in my blood tests was anti-Sm/RNP 2.8 and she has referred me to a rheumatologist, who cannot see me for the next two ...  Read Full »

Dr. Naval Mendiratta

Rheumatologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Well, the antibody as such does not match your symptoms. It is an antibody for autoimmune disease more like SLE (systemic lupus erythematosus). Since it is positive, I would like to know if your ANA (antinuclear antibody) was positive as well, or only this came positive. ...  Read Full »

Are joint and knee pain symptoms of gout?

Query: Hi doctor, Over the last few weeks, my wife is suffering from joint pain in foot and right knee. When I search for this problem online, I found it as a symptom of gout. Can you please explain me about gout?  Read Full »

Dr. Akshay Kumar Saxena

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com.I have gone through your query and also looked at the pictures (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Initially, I would like to throw some information about gout. It is a condition of altered purine metabolism in the body in which crystals of monosodium urate d...  Read Full »

What is Lp-PLA2 test done for?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 47 year old female. My height is 5'4" and weight is 120 pounds. I have slightly elevated cholesterol level and so I had a blood test done before three months for Lp-PLA2, which came back high. I had it repeated this week, exactly three months later and it came back double high. I ...  Read Full »

Criticalcare Physician, Diabetologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Gastroenterologist, Nephrologist, Pulmonologist, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. We are here to help you. Lp-PLA2 (lipoprotein-associated phospholipase A2) is a marker of inflammation and can be raised in any atherosclerosis or even inflammatory conditions like rheumatoid arthritis. However predominantly it is used as a cardiac marker. I need few det...  Read Full »

How can arthritis be confirmed?

Query: Hello doctor, Kindly confirm if I am arthritic from the available reports.  Read Full »

Dr. Naval Mendiratta

Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Could you provide me with some of your symptoms? I have gone through your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Your inflammation markers are very high (erythrocyte sedimentation rate and C-reactive protein). So, it does indicate either there is ...  Read Full »

My CRP level is 8.3. Does it mean anything serious?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 19 year old male. I lately made blood and urine test to check my kidneys and liver. Thankfully, I found everything to be within the normal range except for the C-reactive protein serum, and it was 8.3 mg/L. I would like to know what that mean. Also, I am feeling cramps in my stomac...  Read Full »

Cardiologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. All your reports are normal (attachment removed to protect patient identity) except CRP (c-reactive protein). It is a marker of inflammation in the body. It indicates that some damage is going on in the body and your case it is because of smoking. It also indicates t...  Read Full »

How to bring down my daughter's SGPT level?

Query: Hi doctor, My daughter is 8 years old. She is suffering from jaundice for the past four months. Presently, as per her blood test, bilirubin 0.40 mg/dL, conjugated bilirubin 0.10 mg/dL, unconjugated bilirubin 0.30 mg/dL and ALT (SGPT) 57.00 U/L. The medicines she had been prescribed are Junior Lan...  Read Full »

Dr. Faisal Abdul Karim Malim

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. To add to your knowledge, SGPT is a marker of inflammation of the liver (serum glutamic-pyruvate transaminase). Whenever there is some damage to the liver, the SGPT will rise along with serum bilirubin levels. During healing of the liver, the SGPT levels slightly raise...  Read Full »