Inflammation Of Membrane Covering Lungs

I have pain in my chest, and I am a smoker. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I am 25 year old male, my height is 5'10" and I weigh 73 kg. For the last two days, I have been feeling pain in my chest (left side). Since then, I have been feeling tired and sleepy all day and unable to concentrate on my work. Pain is not so frequent, but when I take a deep breath, ...  Read Full »

Dr. Anoop Mathew

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It looks like you have pleuritic pain. This refers to pain due to inflammation of the covering of your lungs. You will need a course of antibiotics. The reason why you are getting such chest infections is your smoking. So, I actively encourage you to quit smoking. Th...  Read Full »

What does 'mild obscuration of left costophrenic angle' mean?

Query: Dear doctor, I had a medical record saying that "the lungs are clear, there is mild obscuration of the left costophrenic angle, which may be related to pleural thickening". What is the meaning of this report?  Read Full »

Dr. Divakara P

Diabetologist, Endocrinologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Pain Medicine Physician, Pulmonologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Pleura is a covering membrane (a plastic cover like structure) which covers the entire lung. If the pleura gets thickened, then it causes obscuration of costophrenic angle. There are many causes of pleural thickening like: Exposure to chemicals like asbestos. Infec...  Read Full »