Influenza

Can flu happen anytime or only during a particular season?

Query: I have had flu ever since i was three. I am now sixteen but the flu happens all year round. The flu comes early in the morning after waking up and at night before sleep and also when I'm waken up abruptly. My nose itches, and my eyes, my nose is also congested and i can only breathe through my mouth...  Read Full »

Dr. Alexander Davis, Md

General Practitioner, Family Physician, General Medicine Physician

Answer: Dear, I’m sorry to learn about your condition. It is understandable that you want to get rid of this situation. Based on your description I strongly believe this is an allergy-like auto-immune process. Maybe you have lab results with a full platelet count at home. Have a look at the eosinop...  Read Full »

What is the difference between COVID-19 and other influenza-like illness?

Query: doctor. I am also a practising general physician. But, i am confused in this time of corona. I am having sneezing and nasal discharge. How should i manage ILI (influenza-like illnesses) in our setup?  Read Full »

Dr. Zubayeralam

Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Pulmonologist, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: hi thnx for the query. I can understand ur concern. according to ur statement u have been suffering from sneezing, nasal drooling or mouth breathing.ur query is about the treatment protocol of ILI or Influenza like illness. sign and symptoms of influenza r fever,cough, runny nose,sore throat,bod...  Read Full »

What is the white stuff on my tonsils?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 21 year old female, and I thought I had strep throat. I went to the doctor to get a rapid strep test, but it came back negative. I then got a throat culture done, which I have not received. I have white furry looking stuff behind my tonsils. My throat was sore for three days, and m...  Read Full »

General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through your post and images (attachment removed to protect patient identity). You have a short history of sore throat and muscle pain, and your images show exudative pharyngitis. The most common reason is a viral infection, which will explain the sore throat...  Read Full »

How to treat high fever, body pain and headache?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 23 year old female. Since yesterday, I have been suffering from high fever, body ache and headache. Fever dropped to 102 degree Fahrenheit in the evening. I had Crocin. Later, the temperature hit 104 degree Fahrenheit. I got shivers and vomited once. Still the temperature is same. ...  Read Full »

Dr. Eriol Braholli

Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, General Surgeon, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your symptoms that you described in your query are typical of influenza (viral infection of the respiratory tract). It does not require any specific treatment. There is no need of antibiotics as they are ineffective in this condition. You have to take painkillers only to...  Read Full »

How to control and prevent swine flu?

Query: Hello doctor, Please tell the best way to how can we control, remove and also prevent the swine flu?  Read Full »

Dr. Srinivas Gunda

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Swine flu is caused by a virus called H1N1 and H3N2 group of influenza viruses that are widespread across continents. Since they spread by aerosols, which means that a person having swine flu can spread it by just sneezing and coughing and people around can get infec...  Read Full »

Can genital herpes be contracted from sharing water bottle?

Query: Hello doctor, My cousin was diagnosed with genital herpes a few days back. She also has a sore throat currently that the doctor thought was strep throat but the strep test was negative. I shared a water bottle with her recently. Could I have contracted herpes from sharing the water bottle?  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The sharing of water bottle is not known to spread herpes. Genital herpes spread through sexual route. The viral infection also can cause sore throat like influenza infection. It will give streptococcus negative test.  Read Full »

Kindly explain the reports of tests taken for fever, cold, and weakness.

Query: Hello doctor, I just got my full body checkup report. Please review, analyze and suggest.   Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your attached report shows the following positive finding means notable finding (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Calcium deficiency, vitamin D deficiency, low transferrin saturation, and iron level, CRP positive, and abnormal thyroid report. Kindly m...  Read Full »

I have runny nose and body pain. Is it influenza?

Query: Hello doctor, My head hurts. I have got a bad runny nose, my whole body hurts, and feel very sick. Is this bad?  Read Full »

Dr. Mashfika N Alam

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your symptoms are quite consistent with influenza or the common cold. If you do not have a fever yet, you will be coming down with it soon. It is viral so it will run its course. Over the counter, Paracetamol will help with the fever and body ache. Do not take any other...  Read Full »

Why do I suffer from cold and runny nose every summer?

Query: Hi doctor, During every summer season, I suffer from a cold and runny nose. What can be the reasons?  Read Full »

Dr. Murad Haider

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your case does not seem to be serious. The terms rhinorrhea and rhinitis are often used to refer a runny nose, it refers to inflammation of nasal tissues due to a number of reasons, which are as follows. Acute sinusitis. Allergies. Chronic sinusitis. Churg-Strauss synd...  Read Full »

I am scared of getting an infection from the hospital. Am I overthinking?

Query: Hello doctor, I had an ENT examination and the specialist did not use gloves but, did not touch the part going into the nose the first time. The tubing, the second time it went up my nose, was touched at the bottom by her at the light. I am very OCD usually and watched this happen but, somehow trus...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through your query and understood your concern. You seem to be overly concerned about hygiene. That could indicate an OCD (obsessive compulsive disorder). I will try to explain each of the infections that you have mentioned. MRSA (methicillin-resistant Staphylo...  Read Full »