Internal Fixation

Does my wife need any more surgery?

Query: Hi doctor, I have doubts on behalf of my wife. Three days back, she met with an accident and got her foot injured. Her heel got severe damage and after diagnosis doctor said the following. Left heel pad avulsion injury, communicated fracture calcaneum left foot and medial malleolus fracture o...  Read Full »

Dr. Akshay Kumar Saxena

Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have mentioned that your wife sustained an injury to her left limb with extensive injury of the heel region and around the ankle. I presume an external fixator has been applied along with debridement and suturing the wound. It is an understatement to say that it i...  Read Full »

Should I get autograft or allograft for AC joint surgery?

Query: Hi doctor, I got my AC joint separated while mountain biking. It is grade 5. I am getting surgery and I want to know whether I should use an autograft (hamstring) or allograft from a cadaver. I am very active in outdoor adventures and sports. Thanks for your help.  Read Full »

Dr. Rahul Goel

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I am sorry to hear about your injury. The good news is that there are many modalities available for AC joint injuries (acromioclavicular joint), which are showing promising results. Type five injuries constitute tears of the two important ligaments in the shoulder regions...  Read Full »

Please suggest treatment for arm fracture and rib injury.

Query: Hi doctor, My friend is a 40 year old female. She met with an accident before 10 days. Her arms and shoulders got fractured. Her ribs too got injured. She is having chest pain, breathing problem and clot in blood vein. I have attached all her CT scan and x-ray reports with this. Please advise what ...  Read Full »

Dr. Raghu

General Surgeon, Surgical Oncologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.comAs per the reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity) submitted, I understand that it was a major accident. She has multiple injuries to various parts. Usually, with such injuries, it is difficult to isolate each problem and provide a solution without seeing ...  Read Full »

Can I try physiotherapy for my shoulder pain?

Query: Hello doctor, After I fell from my bike, sometimes, I have a little pain in my shoulder. I feel my shoulder is loose. I got an MRI of the shoulder done, and I am attaching the reports. Can I try physiotherapy for the pain? Or do I need to get a surgery? Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Atul Prakash

Fitness Expert, Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Physiotherapist, Spine Health Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen the attached report (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The MRI film is more helpful than a report on its own. You reported a fall from the bike a few months ago, but you describe little as to what happened immediately after the injury. I nee...  Read Full »

My mother has severe pain even after a distal radius fracture fixation. Will hot wax bath be helpful?

Query: Hello doctor, My 66 years old mother had a distal radius fracture in her right hand, two months back. She has diabetes, hypertension, hypothyroidism, ASD, and osteoporosis. The doctor performed a K-wire fixation and put a plaster of Paris cast, from her fingers all the way up to her shoulder (just ...  Read Full »

Dr. Atul Prakash

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Sorry to hear that the surgery and its outcome have not met your level of expectations. I will like to see the entire set of x-rays before I can comment on the healing of the fracture, as well as the timing of removal of wires. Usually, the wires are removed around t...  Read Full »