Q. I am wasting most of the time on the internet. Please help.

Dr. Geeta Priyadarsini Kamminana
Published on Sep 02, 2016

I am wasting most of the time on the internet. I am always chatting through the internet and trying to find what others are doing. I am also repeatedly thinking of the same. I am unable to concentrate in any other events. Please help.

Dr. Geeta Priyadarsini Kamminana

#

• This is a very common problem faced nowadays. Particularly occurs when you have extra liking or passion towards anything.
  • Trust me, this in future may lead to obsession and compulsion towards it and may lead to social dysfunction and withdrawal.
  • This fits into internet addiction, a syndrome being faced by many. Remember that this may leave you in a virtual world, ignore family and friends in this true or actual world, leave your bunch of chores left untouched and social withdrawal.
  • You should try to come out of it and for that you need will power. Deviate your mind towards a more useful thing that makes you happy and accomplished.
  • Make internet access very difficult like changing passwords by your siblings or friend. Share your problem with your close friends, so that they may not disturb you.
  • Keep yourself busy in activities like painting, reading novels and improving your knowledge. Take care and try to get out soon. Do not be a victim of social media.

For further information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

I think I have paranoia. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, Everyone gets those little paranoid thoughts but mine have gotten a lot worse and a lot more frequent over the past four months. I constantly feel like people I know are talking about me or someone is trying to kill me/hurt me. I also get other weird thoughts like, what if the bus tip...  Read Full »

I regret watching porn. How to come out of it?

Query: Hi doctor,I am 28 years old. I have a habit of watching porn. To me, I see it as real. I feel low and regret for my activity.  Read Full »

Internet Addiction Disorder and Gaming Disorder

Article Overview: The age of the internet, apart from giving us reasons to cheer, has also given us many things to worry about. As parents, here is what you must know about these new age disorders and how you can steer your child in the right direction. Read Article

Dr. Vasantha K S
Psychologist Counsellor

From education to entertainment, there is certainly no area in life that has not been changed by the advent of the internet. It has not only made life simpler but also very fast-paced and instant. At the same time, the worrying trend is how dependent it has made us for everyday things. It has conse...  Read Article