Ipratropium Bromide

Can I take bronchodilator for chest pain?

Query: Hi doctor, My problem is that I have pain in my left lung . Firstly, I will let you know the history. I cannot play any of the sports properly due to the pain. If I work hard such as playing football, running, etc., it will lead to a great pain . And, I cannot even properly cough and it never go aw...  Read Full »

Criticalcare Physician, Diabetologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Gastroenterologist, Nephrologist, Pulmonologist, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. We are here to help you. Important here is that only pain is not a symptom of lung allergy or asthma. If that is associated with shortness of breath while doing any physical activity, then it is a sign of asthma. I would recommend a clinical examination in such case. If ...  Read Full »

How do I get rid of snoring and cough?

Query: Hi doctor, From last few days, I have been facing cold. Cold is my common friend due to allergy. The friendship is almost 8 years old. I have been using tablet Levocetirizine when required. In this recent episode of cold attack, I am having irritating cough. It even wakes me up at night. At the tim...  Read Full »

Dr. Muhammad M. Hanif Md.

Cardiologist, Criticalcare Physician, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have thoroughly gone through your case and can well understand your genuine health concerns. I appreciate you for uploading the sound clip (attachment removed to protect patient identity) which is a really helpful move.  Read Full »

My son often suffers with dry cough. Why?

Query: Hi doctor, My son is 5.6 years old. He is having dry cough for the last 8 to 10 weeks. It is very often worse at night. Also, he had a bad ulcer and pain. He also had a dry cough twice last year, but not this bad. Please advise.  Read Full »

Dr. Faisal Abdul Karim Malim

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. As per your history, that the cough is more at night and lasts for a long time this seems to be a case of hyperactive airway disease. This disease causes problems, mainly during changes in weather and lasts till the age of up to 8 years to maximum 12 years in children....  Read Full »

Is it advisable to give Duolin with Taxim O Forte for dry cough in a kid?

Query: Hello doctor, My son is 7 years old, and 20 kg. He is currently taking Taxim O Forte syrup for an infection. He has developed severe cough (dry) now. In the past, he was using the Duolin inhaler for an extreme cough. Please, could you advise if Duolin inhaler can be given to him when he is on Taxim...  Read Full »

Dr. Rakesh Radheshyam Gupta

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician, Pediatric Allergy Asthma Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, you can give Duolin (Salbutamol and Ipratropium bromide) inhalation along with oral antibiotics. But, as you have said it is a dry cough and Duolin is to be given for spasmodic and wet cough. You can give honey for a dry cough. Also, you can give Dextromethorpha...  Read Full »

Is there a permanent cure for Sneezing?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 20 year old male suffering from sneezing problem since last 3-4 years. My height is 172 cm and I am 58 kg weight. Daily I am sneezing in the morning and following that if I do not take medicine then I will get high fever and cold along with it. The sneeze only temporarily relieved...  Read Full »

Allergy Specialist, General Practitioner, ENT Otolaryngologist, Family Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com.I have looked through your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Also, I wish to know the following details to make a more decisive diagnosis. Regarding breathing problem and eosinophilia, what was the breathing trouble you had in the past? What med...  Read Full »

I have breathing trouble and cough in spite of taking TB medicines. What should I do?

Query: Hello doctor, I have tuberculosis and have been taking medicines for three and half months.  Now, I have a breathing problem and cough.  Read Full »

Dr. Shitla Prasad Upadhyay

Pulmonologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The breathlessness and cough are due to a broncho constriction that is associated with TB (tuberculosis). You can take the following tests: CBC (complete blood count). HRCT (high-resolution computed tomography) thorax. Sputum for AFB (acid-fast bacillus) repeat. I sugg...  Read Full »

My daughter has cough. Shall I give her Dexona?

Query: Hello doctor, My 5 year old daughter is suffering from a cough and mild fever for the last four days. Doctor prescribed with LCF Syrup and Azithral Syrup, but she is still coughing. Today, when she was sleeping, we heard cracking and wheezing sound and difficulty in breathing. Shall I give her Dexon...  Read Full »

Dr. Faisal Abdul Karim Malim

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please do CBC (complete blood count) and a chest x-ray before starting Dexona (Dexamethasone) as it is a steroid. Also, there may be a history of childhood asthma (hyper-reactive airway disease) and it is better to be sure before giving this medicine. This mostly looks li...  Read Full »