Q. Can Duolin be given with Taxim O Forte for dry cough in a kid?

Dr. Rakesh Radheshyam Gupta

My son is 7 years old, and 20 kg. He is currently taking Taxim O Forte syrup for an infection. He has developed severe cough (dry) now. In the past, he was using the Duolin inhaler for an extreme cough. Please, could you advise if Duolin inhaler can be given to him when he is on Taxim O Forte syrup?

#

Yes, you can give Duolin (Salbutamol and Ipratropium bromide) inhalation along with oral antibiotics. But, as you have said it is a dry cough and Duolin is to be given for spasmodic and wet cough. You can give honey for a dry cough. Also, you can give Dextromethorphan based syrup like Ascoril D.

Thank you for the advice.

#

Wishing your son early recovery. Take care.

|