Q. Kindly suggest management for scalp itching.

Dr. Pavan Kumar Kuravi V S M K
and medically reviewed by Dr. Nithila A
Published on Apr 26, 2019

I had severe itching on the part of my scalp with some blackish color on the area during last month. I applied Eberclin M cream to get relief of the itching, although the cream was not supposed to be applied on the scalp. But after applying just for two days, all the hairs surrounding the area where I used the cream have gone.

Surprisingly, the hairs of the main itching area where I applied the cream was not that affected. I consulted a local physician, and he told me that it might be due to the strong tendency of the cream which burnt the area or it might also be due to alopecia areata. He prescribed me a daily shampoo, R89 drops, B and T Zauberol Premium hair oil.

For the past week, I am going with these medicines. However yesterday I noticed that one or two hairs here and there are regrowing in the area, but not all the hairs. I am also losing my hair on both sides of the front (forehead), in the last couple of years. Please suggest on both the matters and will it be possible to get back my hairs.

#

The side effects of the Eberclin M cream (Eberconazole+Mometasone) are skin thinning and dermatitis. Please do as I say.

1. Externally apply hibiscus flower oil to the scalp (or) rub the flower directly on the affected area daily, if possible.

2. Internally take homeopathic medicine, Graphites 30, two doses at bedtime, One today and second on the fourth day. One dose means ten pills. Just chew the medicine, no need to take water along with medication.

Stop all other medication. Please inform me about your life next time. Are you under any stress or personal loss, etc?

Alopecia areata.

No combing on wet hair.

Please inform me after seven days.

How to prevent hair loss due to scalp psoriasis?

Query: Hi doctor, I am suffering from scalp psoriasis. I have yellow flakes appearing predominantly on the frontal and middle portion of the scalp. After shampooing, it is accompanied by hair loss. What can I do to prevent flaking and to reduce my hair fall? I am using Ketocare shampoo with Topisol 6 % lo...  Read Full »

I have a fungal infection that occurs again and again. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor, Please take a look at my case of skin dryness and flaking on my face. This is a cyclic condition which occurs almost every 7-8 months. The dryness persists for 1-2 months during which I also have general body itching over hands, legs and under my ribs on the sides. The strange thing is t...  Read Full »

Can you suggest treatment for facial dryness and itchy scalp?

Query: Hi doctor, Today I visited a dermatologist for facial dryness, dandruff, boils and itchy scalp. I was prescribed Episoft cleansing lotion, Cetaphil cream, Fusirose lotion and 8X shampoo. Fusirose lotion is out of stock near my place and online. Can you please suggest a substitute lotion? I bough...  Read Full »

Ask a Homeopathic Physician Now