Q. Can you suggest treatment for facial dryness and itchy scalp?

Dr. Sampada Avinash Thakare
This is a premium question & answer published on Feb 28, 2017 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

Today I visited a dermatologist for facial dryness, dandruff, boils and itchy scalp. I was prescribed Episoft cleansing lotion, Cetaphil cream, Fusirose lotion and 8X shampoo. Fusirose lotion is out of stock near my place and online. Can you please suggest a substitute lotion? I bought Fucidin cream instead of lotion. Can I use it?

#

Getting Fusidic acid in lotion form is difficult. You can use the Fucidin cream for the boils on the scalp.

For scalp folliculitis, I suggest you try Betadine AD shampoo twice a week.

For facial dryness, I suggest using Cetaphil moisturizer or Epitheliale AH cream (Sodium hyaluronate). Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and start the treatment with consent.

For further queries consult a cosmetologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/cosmetologist

|