Q. Can you suggest treatment for facial dryness and itchy scalp?

Dr. Sampada Avinash Thakare
This is a premium question & answer published on Feb 28, 2017 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

Today I visited a dermatologist for facial dryness, dandruff, boils and itchy scalp. I was prescribed Episoft cleansing lotion, Cetaphil cream, Fusirose lotion and 8X shampoo. Fusirose lotion is out of stock near my place and online. Can you please suggest a substitute lotion? I bought Fucidin cream instead of lotion. Can I use it?

Dr. Sampada Avinash Thakare

Cosmetology Dermatology Venereology
#

Getting Fusidic acid in lotion form is difficult. You can use the Fucidin cream for the boils on the scalp.

For scalp folliculitis, I suggest you try Betadine AD shampoo twice a week.

For facial dryness, I suggest using Cetaphil moisturizer or Epitheliale AH cream (Sodium hyaluronate). Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and start the treatment with consent.

For further queries consult a cosmetologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/cosmetologist

| 

I have itchy scalp. Is it folliculitis?

Query: Hello doctor, I hope you will read it thoroughly and answer every query. I am a 30 years old male. It all started with itchy scalp ten months back this summer. But, I was not concerned much, since it was just itchy and some bumps like mosquito bites (not more than two to three) and some swelling as...  Read Full »

Having some discoloration on the back of the scalp. Could it be folliculitis?

Query: Hi doctor, I shave my head with a razor blade once in a few days as if shaving my face. I have been doing this for seven years now. Four years ago, my doctor noticed that I had a discoloration on the back of my scalp. He said it was nothing to worry about and had probably always been there like a b...  Read Full »

I have small red dots around the vaginal area. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor, My problem is I have irritation and small red dots all around the vaginal area. It is like razor burn. This happened a year ago when I used an electronic hair removal device in the pubic area. I got some sensitivity and redness, and I ignored it thinking it to be an irritation that gets t...  Read Full »

Ask a Cosmetologist Now