Q. Can you suggest treatment for facial dryness and itchy scalp?

Dr. Sampada Avinash Thakare
Published on Feb 28, 2017 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

Today I visited a dermatologist for facial dryness, dandruff, boils and itchy scalp. I was prescribed Episoft cleansing lotion, Cetaphil cream, Fusirose lotion and 8X shampoo. Fusirose lotion is out of stock near my place and online. Can you please suggest a substitute lotion? I bought Fucidin cream instead of lotion. Can I use it?

Dr. Sampada Avinash Thakare

Cosmetology Dermatology Venereology
#

Getting Fusidic acid in lotion form is difficult. You can use the Fucidin cream for the boils on the scalp.

For scalp folliculitis, I suggest you try Betadine AD shampoo twice a week.

For facial dryness, I suggest using Cetaphil moisturizer or Epitheliale AH cream (Sodium hyaluronate). Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and start the treatment with consent.

For further queries consult a cosmetologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/cosmetologist

I have itchy scalp. Is it folliculitis?

Query: Hello doctor, I hope you will read it thoroughly and answer every query. I am a 30 years old male. It all started with itchy scalp ten months back this summer. But, I was not concerned much, since it was just itchy and some bumps like mosquito bites (not more than two to three) and some swelling as...  Read Full >>

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have checked your photos (attachments removed to protect patient identity). It is better you go for haircut and shave or trim beard. It may be due to folliculitis or fungal infection by the description. You can get it examined by a doctor or dermatologist for physic...  Read Full

Having some discoloration on the back of the scalp. Could it be folliculitis?

Query: Hi doctor, I shave my head with a razor blade once in a few days as if shaving my face. I have been doing this for seven years now. Four years ago, my doctor noticed that I had a discoloration on the back of my scalp. He said it was nothing to worry about and had probably always been there like a b...  Read Full >>

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen your query and concern. I have examined your pictures (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It seems that you are having non-involuting congenital hemangioma (NICH). NICH present at birth and usually flatter, presented as well defined round to ...  Read Full

I have small red dots around the vaginal area. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor, My problem is I have irritation and small red dots all around the vaginal area. It is like razor burn. This happened a year ago when I used an electronic hair removal device in the pubic area. I got some sensitivity and redness, and I ignored it thinking it to be an irritation that gets t...  Read Full >>

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You should not use any exfoliating agent in the pubic area when there is already contact dermatitis. It leads to more inflammation, erythema, and burning sensation. Please send good quality clinical photograph and revert. Please mention what creams you have applied. ...  Read Full

Ask a Cosmetologist Now