Q. I have a fungal infection that occurs again and again. Please help.

Answered by Dr. Atishay Bukharia.

Do you have a question on Seborrhoeic Dermatitis or Fungal Infection? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »
Image: I have a fungal infection that occurs again and again.  Please help.

Please take a look at my case of skin dryness and flaking on my face. This is a cyclic condition which occurs almost every 7-8 months. The dryness persists for 1-2 months during which I also have general body itching over hands, legs and under my ribs on the sides. The strange thing is that after 1-2 months this dryness spreads to scalp followed by heavy dandruff and very heavy hair loss. This time the dryness and flaking is very extreme.

I have attached seven photos. First three will show my skin condition. Fourth and fifth is how the skin flakes after scratching. Sixth one is important as it shows clearly how the skin condition proceeds from my forehead up towards my scalp. But, it has not yet reached inside my scalp. Last photo is a dark patch under the side of my ribs due to itching, which is present on both sides. I feel that I have some internal fungal or bacterial infection that shows up again and again in a cyclic manner. I am diabetic too. Please help with my condition.