Q. Being a PCOD patient I took Kalrachikai for 45 days but did not get my periods. Why?

Dr. Ishwar Chandra Rai

I am taking Kalarchikai for 45 days, but I did not get my periods. I have a PCOD problem. Is true that while taking Kalarchikai during PCOD, we would not get our periods?

Dr. Ishwar Chandra Rai

#

Kalarchikai is good medicine to manage PCOD (polycystic ovarian disease). But you have not mentioned here how much you are taking and what is the size of cysts. Irregular menstruation depends on imbalances in FSH (follicle-stimulating hormone) and LH (Luteinizing hormone). Kalarchikai takes time to get positive results. You should take it continuously for three months if you are taking choornam it 3 gm twice a day after meals. You can take Rajahpravartini Vati 1tablet and Nagkesar churna 1 gm twice a day after meals. Quit Rajahprawartini Vati one week before expected menses date.

USG abdomen, FSH, LH, lipid profile and thyroid profile.

Avoid spicy and fried junk foods.
Do regular kapalbhati and pranayana like anuloma vilom nadi sodhan and bhramari.

| 

Is Kazharchi Kaai a good ayurvedic medicine to get pregnant.

Query: Hi doctor, I have PCOD problem for the last four years. I have been taking Kazharchi kaai powder with honey for the past three months and observed a regular period. But, the follicles are not growing properly. The FS study revealed that the follicles are MSF (multiple small follicles) ever since has...  Read Full »

Am I taking the right homeopathy medicine for PCOD?

Query: Hello doctor, I am taking Testosterone 30 to reduce testosterone as I am a PCOD patient but the pharmacist told me that it increases testosterone. Please reply. I have taken contraceptives, Metformin and ayurveda treatment for the same. I am undergoing laser treatment for facial hair.  Read Full »

Please suggest Siddha medicine for testicular pain and low sperm count.

Query: Hello doctor, I have testicle pain on both sides (more pain felt on the right side). Sperm count is also low. What to do?  Read Full »

Ask an Ayurveda Specialist Now