Q. Being a PCOD patient I took Kalrachikai for 45 days but did not get my periods. Why?

Dr. Ishwar Chandra Rai
and medically reviewed by Dr. Nithila A

I am taking Kalarchikai for 45 days, but I did not get my periods. I have a PCOD problem. Is true that while taking Kalarchikai during PCOD, we would not get our periods?

Do you have a question on Kalarchi Choornam or Pcod Treatment?

Ask a Doctor Now

Dr. Ishwar Chandra Rai

B.SC. ., B.A.M.S.., M.D.(AYURVEDA)., C.C.Y.P

Kalarchikai is good medicine to manage PCOD (polycystic ovarian disease). But you have not mentioned here how much you are taking and what is the size of cysts. Irregular menstruation depends on imbalances in FSH (follicle-stimulating hormone) and LH (Luteinizing hormone). Kalarchikai takes time to get positive results. You should take it continuously for three months if you are taking choornam it 3 gm twice a day after meals. You can take Rajahpravartini Vati 1tablet and Nagkesar churna 1 gm twice a day after meals. Quit Rajahprawartini Vati one week before expected menses date.

USG abdomen, FSH, LH, lipid profile and thyroid profile.

Avoid spicy and fried junk foods.
Do regular kapalbhati and pranayana like anuloma vilom nadi sodhan and bhramari.

Also Read Answers From: Kalarchi Choornam Pcod Treatment

Am I taking the right homeopathy medicine for PCOD?
Query: Hello doctor, I am taking Testosterone 30 to reduce testosterone as I am a PCOD patient but the pharmacist told me that it increases testosterone. Please reply. I have taken contraceptives, Metformin and ayurveda treatment for the same. I am undergoing laser treatment for facial hair.  Read Full >>
Dr. Potnuru Srinivaasa Sudhakar
Homeopathic Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The root cause of PCOS (polycystic ovary syndrome) is a hormonal disturbance. In homeopathy, the medicine corrects the disturbance without any side effect. No need to panic and get confused about what is the best treatment for PCOS. Testosterone is used for hypogona...  Read Full >>

Please advise ayurveda measures to get pregnant.
Query: Hi doctor, I have PCOD problem for the last four years. I have been taking Kazharchi kaai powder with honey for the past three months and observed a regular period. But, the follicles are not growing properly. The FS study revealed that the follicles are MSF (multiple small follicles) ever since has...  Read Full >>
Dr. Arul Amuthan
Pharmacologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You may continue the Kalarchi choornam. It should be prepared as follows. Kalarchi seed powder 100 g plus 10 g pepper. This will avoid the gas formation in stomach. Continue Kalarchi choornam until cycle is normalized that is three to four cycles and then stop it. Ku...  Read Full >>

Please suggest Siddha medicine for testicular pain and low sperm count.
Query: Hello doctor, I have testicle pain on both sides (more pain felt on the right side). Sperm count is also low. What to do?  Read Full >>
Dr. Arul Amuthan
Pharmacologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have not mentioned your age, marital status, body weight, occupation, how long the testis pain has been there and any swelling in testis. With the available information, the answer is as follows: If the orchitis (inflammation of testis) may be due to infection, t...  Read Full >>

Ask a Doctor Now