Q. My periods got delayed but pregnancy test is negative. Why?

This is a premium question & answer published on Aug 31, 2018 and last reviewed on: Sep 04, 2018

I have PCOD, and I am planning to conceive. I am under Macfolate and Metformin tablets for the past seven months. I have regular periods for the past six months. This month, on the 11th day, I missed my period. After two days, when I checked for pregnancy, I got a negative result. Again after seven days, I got a negative result after checking for pregnancy. I am getting mucus discharge in small amounts. It does not have any foul odor. Am I pregnant? Why is it showing negative?

Infertility Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

You may repeat the test in a week to rule out pregnancy, or you can do a serum beta hCG test. If the hCG levels are less than 3 mIU/ml, then you are not pregnant. The reasons are anovulatory cycles seen in PCOD, or you should get a semen analysis done once for your partner.

|