Q. Kindly provide some information about keto diet.

Dr.
and medically reviewed by Dr. Nithila A

Kindly provide me some information about the keto diet.

1. Is it safe? Or unsafe?

2. Is it a good way to lose weight? Or a terrible way to lose weight?

Do you have a question on Ketone Diet or Weight Reduction?

Ask a Doctor Now

Keto diet is a diet alteration with an increase in fat and protein and a decrease in carbohydrates. These diets were altered to treat epilepsy. This diet will help to manage the weight reduction as it substitutes while changing the metabolism and force to work for with stored fat. When the body utilizes stored fat, weight reductions are visible, but it is not suitable for long term as it has the own problems. A short period of three months course will increase protein as well as helps to manage the deficiency and increase the stamina with proper weight reduction.

Also Read Answers From: Ketone Diet Weight Reduction

Can I take Phentermine along with Cymbalta?
Query: Hi doctor, I take Cymbalta 60 mg for depression and Trazodone 100 mg for sleep. Can I take Phentermine for weight loss without problems of serotonin syndrome?  Read Full >>

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Phentermine is a short-term (few weeks) adjunctive used as a part of a weight reduction regimen for patients with initial body mass index (BMI) more than or equal to 30 kg/m². Cymbalta - Duloxetine has serious interaction with Phentermine. Both if taken toge...  Read Full

How can I control my urge to eat?
Query: Hi doctor, I am trying to lose weight for about one year now. I used to weigh 75 kilograms. With proper diet and exercise, I was able to reduce my weight. Now, my weight is 65 kilograms. But I am unable to control my urge to eat. I am cheating on my diet every single day and it makes me frustrated....  Read Full >>
Dr. Sumiya Sulthana
Nutritionist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have reached your normal BMI (body mass index). So after this, weight reduction will be a very slow process. According to WHO (world health organization), you are weighing right for your height. Coming to the eating problem, divide your meals into six small meals. E...  Read Full

Green Tea And Its Health Benefits
Article Overview: Green tea is proven to have various health benefits like improving memory, lowering the risk of cancer, and in weight reduction. Read the article to know more.  Read Article
Dr. Divya Banu M
Nutritionist

A recent trend in being healthy by consuming food involves the consumption of green tea. It is important to know what are the benefits and some other details of the same in order to obtain the maximum benefits. It is made from Camellia sinensis leaves and buds and they do not undergo withering and o ...  Read Article

Ask a Doctor Now