Q. Kindly provide some information about keto diet.

Dr. Sumiya Sulthana
This is a premium question & answer published on Aug 13, 2019 and last reviewed on: Aug 14, 2019

Kindly provide me some information about the keto diet.

1. Is it safe? Or unsafe?

2. Is it a good way to lose weight? Or a terrible way to lose weight?

Dr. Sumiya Sulthana

Dietician Nutritionist
#

Keto diet is a diet alteration with an increase in fat and protein and a decrease in carbohydrates. These diets were altered to treat epilepsy. This diet will help to manage the weight reduction as it substitutes while changing the metabolism and force to work for with stored fat. When the body utilizes stored fat, weight reductions are visible, but it is not suitable for long term as it has the own problems. A short period of three months course will increase protein as well as helps to manage the deficiency and increase the stamina with proper weight reduction.

| 

Can Cymbalta and Phentermine be used together for weight loss?

Query: Hi doctor, I take Cymbalta 60 mg for depression and Trazodone 100 mg for sleep. Can I take Phentermine for weight loss without problems of serotonin syndrome?  Read Full »

How can I control my urge to eat?

Query: Hi doctor, I am trying to lose weight for about one year now. I used to weigh 75 kilograms. With proper diet and exercise, I was able to reduce my weight. Now, my weight is 65 kilograms. But I am unable to control my urge to eat. I am cheating on my diet every single day and it makes me frustrated....  Read Full »

Green Tea And Its Health Benefits

Article Overview: Green tea is proven to have various health benefits like improving memory, lowering the risk of cancer, and in weight reduction. Read the article to know more. Read Article

Dr. Divya Banu M
Nutritionist

A recent trend in being healthy by consuming food involves the consumption of green tea. It is important to know what are the benefits and some other details of the same in order to obtain the maximum benefits. It is made from Camellia sinensis leaves and buds and they do not undergo withering and ...  Read Article

Ask a Nutritionist Now