Q. I have pain in my knees, and my stomach is always upset. Please help.

Dr. Alka
This is a premium question & answer published on Apr 21, 2017 and last reviewed on: Aug 28, 2021

I am a 40 year old female, who weighs 65 kg and I am 5.2 feet tall. I am having a lot of pain in my knees, and my stomach is always upset. Please help.

#

• According to your height and weight, your BMI (body mass index) is 26.42. The normal BMI should be between 18.5 to 24.9. So, the knee pain may be due you being overweight.
  • So, try to reduce your weight. If due to excess pain, you cannot do exercise, then start walking daily for at least for 30 to 60 minutes. Weight control will help you a lot in controlling pain.
  • I suggest you try taking the following for the knee pain.
  1. Tablet Yograj Guggul, two tablets twice a day with lukewarm water for four weeks. Do not swallow the tablets, first chew them then take them with water.
  2. Tablet Vishamushti Vati, one tablet twice a day with water for four weeks. If you have high blood pressure, then take this tablet only once a day.
  3. Take Mahanarayan oil and massage your knees with it twice a day.
  4. Take one glass of lukewarm milk in the evening and add a half teaspoon of turmeric and a pinch of ginger powder in it. Take this for two to four weeks.
  • And for stomach malfunction try taking the following.
  1. Bilwadi lehyam, two teaspoons before food for a month.
  2. Avoid spicy, fatty, junk food and excessive caffeinated drinks, as they may act as stomach irritant and also increase weight.
  3. Sleep adequately at least for 6 to 8 hours a day.

Try all these regularly after consulting your doctor, and you will soon feel positive results. I hope you are satisfied with my answer.

For further queries consult an ayurveda specialist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/ayurveda-specialist

|