Q. My knee pain is so severe and it makes me impossible to walk. Kindly help.

This is a premium question & answer published on Sep 01, 2019 and last reviewed on: Sep 03, 2019

I have been having severe pain in my left knee for roughly three days now. It is on the inside of the knee and slightly behind the knee cap while standing and with my leg straight. When it is bent, it is on the outside of the knee too. I cannot put any weight on it, cannot walk properly without limping. It hurts to bend it and to straighten it fully. What it could be?

#

Sudden onset of pain at this generally indicates traumatic nature of suffering. It is possible that you suffered with some minor injury in last couple of days. The second possibility is an infection in which there may be redness and slight fever over the affected joint. In case both do not apply to you, there is ample possibility of arthritis. My advice is to continue analgesics along with the application of cold or ice on the affected joint. If you do not feel improved in next two-three days, seek the proper consultation from your doctor so he can examine and make a proper diagnosis.

|