L-glutamine

How to treat food poisoning induced IBS?

Query: Hello doctor, Eight months ago, I had an acute food poisoning case. My symptoms were cramping, pain, weight loss, and diarrhea. I ate food that was left outside the fridge for more than eight hours. The symptoms persisted for a few weeks, and then I went to a doctor who did a colonoscopy and stool ...  Read Full »

Dr. Penchala Prasad Kandikattu

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). They are looks normal. But hemogram report showing iron deficiency even though hemoglobin is normal. IBS is treated with diet modification with regular exercise and yoga. IBS may aggr...  Read Full »

Is L-Glutamine helpful in relieving symptoms of Crohn's disease?

Query: Gender: male Age: 29 Height: 5'10" weight: 138 lbs Medication: Sulfafalazine I was diagnosed with crohns disease 16 years ago, never having entered a remission since. I was recently informed by a friend that l glutamine can be beneficial for leaky gut, which I think may be the root cause of ...  Read Full »

Dr. Nazma Parveen

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello. I have read through your question and understand your concern. It is correct that L glutamine has been seen to help in the healthy functioning of the intestine but this is still under trial and there isn't enough data to prove it conclusively. The side effects you have mentioned may occur on...  Read Full »

Is there any supplement to regain tendons and ligament weakness due to digestive issues?

Query: Hello doctor, I need a multivitamin supplement and digestive enzymes to regain bone, ligaments, and tendons weakened by digestive issues. Malabsorption of essential nutrients due to digestive conditions like chronic atopic gastritis resulted in bone loss, osteoporosis, low stomach acid, and joint w...  Read Full »

Dr. Sumiya Sulthana

Nutritionist, Dietician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. After going through your query and detailed report I suggest to calm your gut first which in turn helps to increase absorption of vitamin and calcium and start with L- glutamine supplement 5g capsule daily preferably before going to bed or at least an hour before mea...  Read Full »

Is L-Glutamine safe for a rheumatoid arthritis patient?

Query: Hi doctor, My wife has been suffering from rheumatoid arthritis for more than 10 years. For the last two years, she has been taking infusions of Rituximab or Rituxan 2 g. Last infusion was six months ago. It is also confirmed that she has Leaky gut syndrome. Is it safe to take L-Glutamine (supplem...  Read Full »

Dr. Naval Mendiratta

Rheumatologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Leaky gut syndrome (leakage of undigested food or other substance due to damaged intestinal wall) is more of a hypothetical thing. A lot of researches are still going on and it is believed to trigger the autoimmune reactions in the body. But, yes, it is safe to take the ...  Read Full »

Should I consider taking L-glutamine for digestive problems?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 22 year old male. My height is 5'8, and weight is 50 kg. I have been experiencing digestive issues for the last two years. During the initial stage of illness, I lost some weight had not recovered it since then. I feel slightly better than before, but I have not been able to rec...  Read Full »

Dr. Alka

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have digestive issues on and off. You are not gaining weight as well as your stool report shows some part of undigested food particles. According to ayurveda, you need to balance your agni or digestive fire. As you have asked about L- glutamine. It is an amino acid wh...  Read Full »