Q. What is lacquer crack?

Dr. Vaibhev Mittal
This is a premium question & answer published on Jun 08, 2016 and last reviewed on: Oct 03, 2019

My eye doctor found small lacquer cracks near the center of my right eye. What does it mean? What are the risks? I am very nearsighted. Please explain.

#

• Lacquer crack means that there is break in Bruch's membrane.
  • It is a significant finding as you are at risk of getting CNVM (choroidal neovascular membranes), which means new blood vessels will start forming. They will be fragile and may damage retina.

For further information consult an eye care ophthalmologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/eye-care-ophthalmologist

|