Lactitol

Is aloe vera juice good for hemorrhoids?

Query: Hi doctor, I am suffering from hemorrhoids. It is not an ongoing case. It just happened due to severe constipation. Apart from medicine, which is better for external hemorrhoids? Is it Aloe vera gel or lemon juice? Is there a good painkiller for such situation? I tried Panadol and it worked fine, b...  Read Full »

Dr. Naresh Kumar Monigari

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I had gone through all the data you have posted. We need to keep stools soft, which will decrease the pressure and symptoms of hemorrhoids. Our foods should be rich in dietary fiber, as it forms the bulk content of stool and will keep water with it so that the stool wi...  Read Full »

Kindly guide us with the treatment for my mom's liver disease.

Query: Hi doctor, My mom is 70 years old. She has chronic liver disease, cirrhosis, portal hypertension and ascites. Her creatinine is 3. She also has type 2 diabetes. We were informed by her doctor that her liver is not producing albumin and her bilirubin level is very high. Please guide us.  Read Full »

Dr. Ankur Jindal

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your mom's profile suggests very advanced stage of liver disease (attachment removed to protect patient identity). She has advanced cirrhosis of liver, which is complicated by the formation of portal hypertension and fluid abdomen. The presence of kidney injury adds to th...  Read Full »

Can psychiatric drugs induce constipation?

Query: Hi doctor, My father has motion problem. For the past one month he is taking psychiatric medicines. Motion problem is there for the past 10 days. Actually he goes motion daily but only very little. Rarely twice a year he gets this problem but after taking medicines it will get cures. But this time s...  Read Full »

Dr. Mohan Prasad V.g

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. For motion formation, one needs to take at least 1 to 1/2 liters of liquid in a day and eat lot of vegetables and fruits. Psychiatric drugs and antibiotics can induce constipation. We need to enhance gut motility and bulk the motion. Please try the following combo to ge...  Read Full »