Laron Dwarfism

In my 32 weeks scan, the femur length of the fetus is 58 mm. Is it due to dwarfism?

Query: Hello doctor,I had a scan at 32 weeks four days, and my femur length of the baby is 58 mm. Should I be concerned about dwarfism? It is a donor egg baby, and the genetic mother is only 5 feet. Kindly give your opinion.  Read Full »

Dr. Varun Chaudhry

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I think the femur length is at the lower limit of normal. This would need to be correlated with other measurements like abdominal circumference and head circumference. If all of these correlates, then maybe consider checking with your doctor. I hope this was helpful.  Read Full »

Why does my 15 months old baby weigh only 5.5 kg?

Query: Hi doctor, I would like to discuss regarding the medical issue of daughter with you. She is now 15 months old, but her weight is only 5.5 kg. According to doctors, all reports are clear except her growth hormone. She is not taking any medicine. I have attached her laboratory reports for your referen...  Read Full »

Dr. Sandeep Rama Thute

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through all the medical records of your baby (attachment removed to protect patient identity). She looks to be a case of short stature and the reports are suggestive of growth hormone deficiency. I would like to know whether there is any family hist...  Read Full »