Laryngomalacia

A newborn, diagnosed with laryngomalacia, is spitting milk after burping. What to do?

Query: Hi doctor, My daughter is 1 month and 26 days old. Her birth weight was 3.05 kg. Her current weight is 4.4 kg. She spits the milk after burping also. She has been diagnosed with laryngomalacia. I wanted to know whether it a matter of concern or not.  Read Full »

Dr. Deepak Patel

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The current weight of the child is absolutely normal according to the birth weight of the child. There is no need to worry about this. Babies often spit very little amount of milk after feeding even after burping, this is a normal thing. If it is problematic, then the w...  Read Full »

Is noisy breathing in newborn an alarming symptom?

Query: Hi doctor, My daughter is 50 days old now. Her birth weight is 2.9 kg and her current weight is 4.2 kg approximately. At the time of her birth it was noticed that, some type of snoring noise suddenly arose with her breathing. Child specialist suggested me that nothing to worry about as it will go of...  Read Full »

Dr. Deepak Patel

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read your question and listened the recordings (attachment removed to protect patient identity) in detail. By listening to the audio, it seems to be laryngomalacia. In laryngomalacia, the muscles of larynx are weak and so the child makes this type of noisy sounds d...  Read Full »