Levosulpiride

Is death a complication of long term use of Levobren?

Query: Hi doctor, I am writing about my mother who died 22 days back at the age of 76. For nearly ten years, she suffered from bronchiectasis and was treated with Cortisone. Five years back, because of a general illness (insomnia, tremors and loss of appetite) we went to a few specialists such as dietician...  Read Full »

Dr. Sudheer Ambekar

Neuro Surgeon, Neurologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Sorry to hear about your mother. Sluggishness, vomiting and sopor (abnormally deep sleep) are the common side effects. Also, long-term use may lead to dystonia. From the given information, I will not be able to exactly pinpoint the cause of death. However, I believe the t...  Read Full »

Do Levosulpiride and Flupenthixol cause low sex drive?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 39 years old. My weight is 73 kg. I have been taking L-Pride (Levosulpiride), Nuanxit (Flupenthixol), Rabefit (Rabeprazole) and Rabifast-DSR (Rabeprazole sodium and Domperidone) since last 15 days. After taking these medicines, I am experiencing low sex drive and problem in erection...  Read Full »

Dr. Purushottam Sah

Obstetrician And Gynaecologist, Sexologist, Andrologist, Infertility Specialist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read and understood your problem. Levosulpiride and Flupenthixol can cause problem with erection. This is the cause of erectile dysfunction in your case. Sildenafil citrate (Viagra) is usually prescribed at a dose of 50 mg three hours before sex. But, should be...  Read Full »

I have abdominal pain and diarrhea thrice a day. What is wrong?

Query: Hello doctor,I am suffering from abdominal pain and diarrhea three to four times a day for the last four months. I have gone through colonoscopy and sigmoidoscopy followed by a biopsy. As per the biopsy, it is a mild non-specific inflammation. So, my doctor did several tests like fecal calprotect...  Read Full »

Dr. Aastha Midha Likhyani

General Surgeon

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I suggest the following: Tablet Ondem MD (Ondansetron) 4 mg twice a day, for a month. Tablet Rablet L (a combination of Rabeprazole and levosulpiride) twice a day, for a month. ORS (oral rehydrating solution) up to two or three liters a day, for a month. Tablet Oflox ...  Read Full »

I have acidity and indigestion problem. What to do?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 27 year old male, who weighs 62 kg. My stomach is swollen, and it feels as if it is filled with gas. I also have low appetite, acidity, and indigestion. I used to chew tobacco from a long time, but I quit it recently. I am an occasional drinker, and I am fond of spicy foods. I am...  Read Full »

General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through your post. You are suffering from an acid peptic disease, for which you are taking Famotidine at present. Also, your stomach is bloated as mentioned in your post. So you have features of IBS (irritable bowel syndrome), and I would suggest you take a com...  Read Full »

Do I need to continue Arpizol and Pacitane for schizophrenia?

Query: Hi doctor, I was diagnosed with schizophrenia before 7 years. I used to take Sulpitac early in the treatment and then I was prescribed Nexipride for a year. For the last three years, I am taking Arpizol 10 mg and Pacitane 2 mg. My age is 30 now and I want to get out of schizophrenia as soon as possi...  Read Full »

Psychiatrist, Sexologist, Psychotherapist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. Schizophrenia is a chronic neuropsychiatric illness with changes in behavior, thought, perception and a lot of other psychiatric symptoms. Sulpitac (Amisulpride), Nexipride (Levosulpiride) and Arpizol (Aripiprazole) are antipsychotic d...  Read Full »

How to cure IBS?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 38 year old male. For the past few years, I have been dealing with diarrhea and I am just simply tired of it. Thankfully, I work from home and I do not have to leave the house in the morning hours. I have always been a healthy person and non-smoker. But, I have an average of tw...  Read Full »

Criticalcare Physician, Diabetologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Gastroenterologist, Nephrologist, Pulmonologist, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. We are here to help you. You need to accept that you are suffering from irritable bowel syndrome (IBS). It is a functional disorder and just stress related. The more you think the more you get. You should get your thyroid profile and anti-tTG antibody test (tissue transg...  Read Full »

Will Nexium help to improve belching?

Query: Hi doctor, I have been having shortness of breath, excessive yawning and belching. After about a week the shortness of breath went away. Last night, I drank bicarbonate of soda with lime and water and woke up back with the gasping for air and feeling of shortness of breath. Could the baking soda ha...  Read Full »

Dr. Naresh Kumar Monigari

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I had gone through all the details posted. Belching and bloating sensation can be the side effect of the drug. Kindly avoid spicy foods, cold drinks, tea, coffee and eat timely. I suggest Pantocid-L (Pantoprazole with Levosulpiride) combination tablet daily morning on...  Read Full »

I wake up with a soreness in my stomach like I have been punched. Is it gastritis?

Query: Hello doctor,I have been having a soreness in my stomach like I have been punched when I wake up in the morning. I do not feel it when I touch, but I do feel it when I breathe in. When I get up and start walking around, it goes away fairly quickly. I was diagnosed with gastritis a year ago and have...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through your post. You seem to have features of gastritis and you have not mentioned whether you were tested in the past for H.pylori infection which may cause recurrent gastritis. I would suggest you start PPI (Pantoprazole) before breakfast and preferably end...  Read Full »

What is the reason for my weight loss?

Query: Hi doctor, I am spending more time in toilet daily as the stools keep on coming for every 10-15 minutes. Stools are semi-liquid and it feels like diarrhea. I have lost around 10-12 kg of weight in the last two years and four to five kg during the last six months alone. I have got the following tests...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. We are here to help you. I have gone through your reports (attachments removed to protect patient identity). You seem to be suffering from Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS). Please mention whether you have been performed with anti-tissue transglutaminase antibody (tTG) test...  Read Full »

Is it safe to take Bupropion and Nexipride together?

Query: Hi doctor, I was diagnosed with the somatic symptom disorder. While in anxious situations, it feels like paralysis or nervous breakdown might happen. Also, my hands become cold and my forehead becomes hot. Since the past 1 year, I am on Etizola Beta (Etizolam 0.5 and Propranolol 20) on a total of f...  Read Full »

Dr. Aditya Gupta

Psychiatrist, Sexologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. There is no interaction between Bupropion and Nexipride (Levosulpiride); hence, no safety issue arises with this combination. Amisulpride is commonly added as an adjunct medication for synergistic effect. Instead, the point which should be taken into consideration is t...  Read Full »