Light Colored Stools

Do laxatives give you stomach cramps?

Query: Hi doctor,I have been dealing with this issue for a couple of months. It all began after taking a senna leaf, which is a laxative. I should also want to mention that I had a thin stool for some time, but now it comes and goes. In the beginning, I also had a dark-colored stool, but that is no longer ...  Read Full »

Dr. Ajeet Kumar Lohana

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The senna is used in treatment for constipation. They are irritant laxatives, meaning they irritate the gut, cause cramps, and thus pass stools. So cramping, diarrhea, bloating are common side effects. However, they usually do not last for more than three days of the...  Read Full »

My 18 months old baby has been passing light colored stools. Is it normal?

Query: Hi doctor, My daughter is 18 months old. For many months, she has been passing stools that are white or very light yellowish brown or chalky color. I have seen my GP in the past and with just a feel of tummy they tell me everything is fine. I feel there is something else and just cannot seem to sett...  Read Full »

Dr. Faisal Abdul Karim Malim

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Passage of lemon white color stools along with the abdominal distention is suggestive of some liver pathology. Please do the following blood tests. SGPT (serum glutamic pyruvic transaminase), serum bilirubin and CBC (complete blood count) to rule out liver pathology. ...  Read Full »

Will light colored stool after splenectomy indicate pancreatic issue?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 28-year-old male. I had a splenectomy in 2012 from a snowboarding accident. Recently, my stools have been different. It is very light colored with mucus on them. Should I be worried about pancreas issues without my spleen? I have read that pancreas disease can cause light-colore...  Read Full »

Dr. Arbab Muhammad Kashif Khan

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. No, splenectomy has no relation with pancreatic issues. Is your pancreas was safe during accident and surgery? Although splenectomy can decrease your immunity leading to frequent infections. I would like to know when have you done splenectomy? Since how long you are...  Read Full »

What is the reason for tummy ache and clay-colored stools?

Query: Hello doctor, I have had reflux and a bit of a tummy ache off and on between my naval and hip, for the last week (no diarrhea). (I also know this can be indicative of an appendix problem but it is where I always have pain with tummy troubles and it is not my appendix). This is not uncommon as I hav...  Read Full »

Criticalcare Physician, Diabetologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Gastroenterologist, Nephrologist, Pulmonologist, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I need following details to help you better. How is the pain progression in one week? Any fever or vomitings? Any loss of appetite? How severe is the pain on a scale of 0 to 10? Revert with the asked details for a better help. Revert with more information t...  Read Full »