Liver Abscess

How long will it take to recover from liver abscess surgery?

Query: Hi doctor, I got a minor surgery for liver abscess and a drain was installed. Pus in the color of chocolate and little thick is coming out. Is it normal? How much time it will take to recover? For how many days the drain has to be installed?  Read Full »

Dr. Naresh Kumar Monigari

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I had gone through all the data you have posted. We need to know some more details about your problem. What was the size of abscess to which the drain was installed? How many liver abscesses were present? Any amebic serology was done? What treatment you are o...  Read Full »

How much time will it take for liver abscess to get cured with Metronidazole?

Query: Hello doctor, I got reported as liver abscess and the size is 70 x 60 mm. The doctor's treatment is Metronidazole. How much time will it take to cure?  Read Full »

Dr. Mahmoud Ahmed Abelrahman Abouibrahim

Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner, General Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have an amebic liver abscess, 6x7 cm is considered a large one. It is a protozoal infection that has spread from colon to liver. Medications treat the abscess in most cases, in a small number of cases surgery is required. Eradication of protozoal infection from the...  Read Full »