Liver Cirrhosis

Does yellow vomit after drinking alcohol a sign of liver damage?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 44 years old. I consumed alcohol (whiskey) last Friday, about 20 ounces over 5 hours. I do not drink often. I had my dinner after taking alcohol. The next day morning I vomited, it was yellow and no food. An hour later, I vomited again, it was green and no food. I have no diarrh...  Read Full »

Dr. Jaydeep Tripathy

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You consumed a lot of alcohol, very close to the toxic level, and hence you have developed alcohol-induced gastritis. You cannot permanently damage your liver by binge drinking once. However, if you keep drinking frequently, you will develop fatty liver which later ...  Read Full »

Why is the sputum red while coughing?

Query: Hello doctor, My father is 59 years old now. Three years back, one day early morning my father started to cough and when he spit, the color of the sputum was dark red. Sometimes, later he started to cough and spit blood with the sputum. We took him to the hospital and after the test of endoscopy, ...  Read Full »

Dr. Aastha Midha Likhyani

General Surgeon

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. First of all, when he had coughed before, and he was diagnosed with liver cirrhosis, that is because of gastric varices which he might had developed, and now as you were saying that doctor has said he does not have blood due to cirrhosis, that means he has developed s...  Read Full »