Loss Of Speech

The MRI of the brain shows a blood clot. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, My aunt, who is 54 years old, is diabetic since the past 10 years, and she is under regular Insulin. 10 days back, she suddenly lost speech, and since then, she is not able to speak even a single word. I am attaching her CT scan and MRI scan reports along with the prescription. What i...  Read Full »

Dr. Arun Tungaria

Neuro Surgeon, Neurologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I saw the attached reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The problem is insufficient blood supply to the brain. It is a severe problem. The prescribed medicines are alright. Please consult a neurosurgeon so that he can examine her. She will recover fro...  Read Full »

Why are there tremors, speech problems and memory disturbances?

Query: Hello doctor, For the past few years, I have been having the following symptoms: Tremors. Pain near the spinal cord. Head stiffness. Getting stuck when thinking or solving things. Please advise.  Read Full »

Dr. Jaydeep Tripathy

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. May I know your age? Do you have any history of hypertension/diabetes? Do you have any history of previous tuberculosis? I will advise immediate MRI of the brain to rule out degenerative diseases. Please consult a neurologist online with further information --&...  Read Full »

I suddenly developed loss of speech during chemotherapy. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a breast cancer patient. During post-surgery chemotherapy, I suddenly developed loss of speech. I have already consulted a neurologist, please find the attached reports. I want a second opinion. Please help me.  Read Full »

Dr. J Mariano Anto Bruno Mascarenhas

Family Physician, General Practitioner, Neuro Surgeon, Neurologist, Spine Health Specialist, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your query and reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity) with diligence, and I would like you to know that I am here to help you. There is a clot in one of the blood vessels in the brain. So, there is no blood supply to that area. Becaus...  Read Full »

Why has my father suddenly become speechless?

Query: Hello doctor, My father aged 67 years old suddenly got speechless. When he woke up in the morning we went to throat specialist but there is no problem with the throat. We got CT scan of the brain done. Then we had referred to the neurologist. He then immediately admitted to the hospital and the tre...  Read Full »

Dr. Aida Quka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your father's symptoms are compatible with a stroke. Coming to this point I would recommend performing a Doppler ultrasound of the carotid arteries to investigate for possible narrowing. It could be due to atherosclerosis. It is also important consulting with a speec...  Read Full »