Q. What should I opt for hairline reduction?

Dr. Hari Hara Sudhan
and medically reviewed by Nithila A
Published on May 25, 2019

I am a 40-year-old male. For past five to six years my hairline has reduced drastically, a kind of pattern balding or thinning of hair. So, please suggest whether I should opt for ayurveda, homeopathy, or any other alternative medicine?

Dr. Hari Hara Sudhan

Dermatology Venereology
#

I understand that hair loss can be quite disconcerting. Please provide me with a few details so that I can prescribe you an appropriate medication. Do you have dandruff or any other kind of disease in the scalp? Do you have any other problem in your body, like anemia, thyroid issues and so on? Are you taking any oral medication for the same? Because there are a wide variety of diseases that can manifest as hair loss. Also, if you could please provide with a picture of the problem, taken in good light and in sharp focus so that I can prescribe you an appropriate medication.

My weight is 67 kg. I have no abnormalities in my health condition, and there is no dandruff. I have a weak digestion. I am a smoker and mild drinker.

Dr. Hari Hara Sudhan

Dermatology Venereology
#

What you have seems like Androgenic alopecia (attachment removed to protect patient identity). I would suggest you start applying Anaboom anti-hair fall serum daily night over the area (available in all good pharmacy) and continue for at least a month. Along with that take a high protein diet, plenty of vitamin A (carrot, beetroot, fish) and iron (dates, spinach). If dietary substitution is difficult, you can add tablet Follihair daily in the morning to the treatment. Please get back in a month time. If it is not responding, we can decide on bolstering the therapy with stronger drugs like Mintop (Minoxidil).