Androgenetic Alopecia

Will Minoxidil 5% be useful in treating androgenetic alopecia?

Query: Hello doctor, I have female pattern hair loss (androgenetic alopecia) for the past 25 years. Now I started Minoxidil 5 %, but there is no regrowth. Can this be reversed by combining Minoxidil and hair laser? Is there any cure for this type of hair loss? Please give suggestion.  Read Full »

Dr. Rakesh Kumar Bahunuthula

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, HIV AIDS Specialist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Female pattern androgenetic alopecia is tough to improve. However, the regular use of Minoxidil does help to make it better. You have to use Minoxidil 5% 1 ml twice daily for at least three to six months to expect a response. Hair growth is a slow process, and the i...  Read Full »

Can I use Hair4U for hair loss?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 25 year old male. I am suffering from hair loss for the past three to four years. I can see my hairline slowly receding from the forehead. I have been suggested Hair4U 10 % lotion and Biotin tablets. Do these drugs have any side effects on the body? Can I take Finasteride for h...  Read Full »

Dr. Meha Malhotra

Dermatologist, HIV AIDS Specialist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The treatment started by your doctor is fine. The only thing is that the treatment for hair loss has to be followed for a long time and you need to be regular with your follow up visits. Regarding side effects, both these medications (Hair4U and Biotin tablets) are pre...  Read Full »

I am suffering from male pattern hair loss. Can Finasteride help in hair sustenance?

Query: Hello doctor, I am suffering from male pattern hair loss for a long time. I had tried saw palmetto for a short duration and got a decent result (as suggested by a trichologist) but did not continue due to lack of information on long term effects. Please suggest if Finasteride can help in hair suste...  Read Full »

Dr. Yeshwanth Kumar

Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Can you please upload a few pictures if possible to advise the appropriate treatment. Are you married? If yes, did you complete your family?  Read Full »

I am having extreme hair fall and my center of the scalp has started showing up. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor,I am 24 years old and having extreme hair fall. My center of the scalp has already started showing up. Please help.  Read Full »

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner, HIV AIDS Specialist, Plastic Surgeon, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Use Trichospire hair kit and Qilib men lotion twice daily. I hope it helps. If you have any other question, please do not hesitate to contact us.   Read Full »

My hairline has reduced. Should I opt for Ayurveda, homeopathy, or other alternative medicine?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 40-year-old male. For past five to six years my hairline has reduced drastically, a kind of pattern balding or thinning of hair. So, please suggest whether I should opt for ayurveda, homeopathy, or any other alternative medicine?  Read Full »

Dr. Hari Hara Sudhan

Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand that hair loss can be quite disconcerting. Please provide me with a few details so that I can prescribe you an appropriate medication. Do you have dandruff or any other kind of disease in the scalp? Do you have any other problem in your body, like anemia...  Read Full »

Why do I have hair fall even after taking a nutrient-rich diet?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 25 years old. For the last one month my hair has been falling out a lot. My diet is vegan. I am eating a wide variety of foods, getting all my nutrients and not lagging in anything. I have got new hair growth on the top of my head and I am not losing it in patches. The loss is all o...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please answer the following questions for more information. Is there any recent stress either mental or physical? Are hairs falling from whole scalp or sparing any area like only in occipital area? Please send the photographs of scalp. Are you on any medication?  Read Full »

Why is my crown hair getting thin?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 19 years old, male, recently I have discovered that my crown hair is slightly thinning, however I think it is a cowlick, because the middle part of the crown where the swirl is thick but away from the swirl it is thinner. You can actually see my scalp lines or hairlines. You can ...  Read Full »

Dr. Ashwini V Swamy

Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can see thinning of hair in the picture you have attached, but I cannot see the hair line (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It could be telogen effluvium (stress induced) or early androgenetic alopecia or visibility of scalp could be because of your s...  Read Full »

How can I grow more hair and stop hairfall?

Query: Hello doctor, I want to grow more hair and hair thickness and avoid losing hair and thinning hair. Please check my pictures and advise me a perfect solution.  Read Full »

Dr. Dilip Meena

Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern. Your condition is known as androgenetic alopecia or male pattern baldness, which has genetic as well as hormonal factors as the causative factors. You need to use treatment for this condition regularly and it takes about 3 to 4 months to s...  Read Full »

My hair is becoming very thin. Kindly advice.

Query: Hello doctor, My hair is becoming very thin. Kindly advice.  Read Full »

Dr. Ashwini V Swamy

Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. May I know your age, and since how many months are you experiencing thinning of hair? Please send the pictures of the scalp.  Read Full »

Initially Minoxidil helped me in growing hair, but not now. Why?

Query: Hello doctor,I am using Minoxidil for nine months now for the bald patches on my head. A little progress was seen between 3 to 4 months but no progress recorded afterwards. Can you suggest me what is wrong or if I should change my prescription?  Read Full »

Dr. Payal Chauhan

Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. 1. You can use Minoxidil for androgenetic alopecia and it takes times in a few people to gain full results. Sometimes there can be shedding of hair in between but you will recover from it if you keep using it. So stick to it. 2. You can also add tablet Finasteride 1 m...  Read Full »