Maintain Electrolyte Balance

I am vomiting and have diarrhea after eating out. What to do?

Query: Hi doctor, I am suffering from severe vomiting and diarrhea. I vomited 5 times in the last 6 hours and visited the toilet for about 30 to 35 times. Yesterday, I had outside food such as burger, pizza, chips, bread, etc. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. J Mariano Anto Bruno Mascarenhas

Family Physician, General Practitioner, Neuro Surgeon, Neurologist, Spine Health Specialist, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your query with diligence and would like you to know that I am here to help you. Vomiting five times within 6 hours and going to the toilet for about 35 times denote that the condition is severe enough to warrant hospital admissions. Please do not wast...  Read Full »

How to treat diarrhea in a metastatic carcinoma patient?

Query: Hi doctor, My mother is having metastatic carcinoma and went through radiotherapy. Now, she has got severe diarrhea, swelling in face and do not like to eat food. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Satya Narayan

Radiation Oncologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. First get clinical examinations done that includes vital parameters of patient such as blood pressure (BP), pulse, respiratory rate, etc. Required blood investigations such as complete blood count, renal function test, liver function test and electrolyte study...  Read Full »

Precautions to be taken for water only fast for 14 days.

Query: Hi doctor, I am going to undertake a water only fast for 14 days. Which vitamins and electrolyte should I take and in what dose? Just heard of refeeding syndrome. Any other precautions?  Read Full »

Dr. Pritam Mohapatra

Naturopathy Specialist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is not clear why you are undertaking water (only) fast for so long as 14 days. In case, you have decided to, I would advise you to do it under the expert supervision of an ayurveda or naturopathy physician who can monitor you closely. While fasting has obvious healt...  Read Full »

My leg muscles are very sore after I started playing sports. Can you help?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been playing volleyball, basketball, and athletics for around two weeks, but my leg muscles are still sore. Standing in the same position gives some relief. When someone touches my legs even softly, they ache hard. It is paining around my ankles and knees mainly. With this thin...  Read Full »

Dr. Lokesh

General Practitioner, Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Spine Health Specialist, Spine Surgeon, Family Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The most common reason for muscle cramps and leg pain is either dehydration or electrolyte abnormalities such as abnormally low levels of magnesium, calcium, sodium, or potassium. Without doing blood work, it is hard to say exactly but I would recommend drinking more w...  Read Full »

Why do I vomit in morning hours with exposure to the wind?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 21 year old unmarried male weighing 86 kg. From the past 15 months, whenever I go out in the morning from around 4 AM to 9 AM, and especially when the wind touches my face I start vomiting. After 9 AM, I do not have any such problem on going out. I do not have any other medical...  Read Full »

Dr. Ramesh Kumar S

Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Gastroenterologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You are most likely experiencing the symptom due to a disturbed gastrointestinal flora, which may cause symptoms of bloating, belching, vomiting, constipation, etc. I would suggest you try the following. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and take tr...  Read Full »