Q. I used to masturbate in plastic bags. Am I at risk of getting cancer?

Dr. Md. Kamrul Hasan Sajib
Published on Oct 12, 2019

I used to masturbate from my younger age, and for many years I used to do it in plastic bags (about 51 microns), as I purchase from the market as a packet. Mostly my masturbation periods are from three weeks, two weeks and sometimes one week. Mostly, I do thrice in a month. But for doing masturbation, I wear plastic kit for around half an hour, sometimes 45 minutes. After that, I wash the penis and testicles with soap twice in cold water. And I am mostly addicted to plastic cover masturbation, but I am really afraid that it may cause cancer or it may have already affected. As of now, I do not feel anything bad. But I really need a suggestion. Please help.

Dr. Md. Kamrul Hasan Sajib

Family Physician General Practitioner
#

I have learned about your concern about plastic use in masturbation. Plastics are made full of chemicals. Some chemical leaches when they are heated or scratched. There are some reports that regular exposure to the plastic chemical may cause carcinoma but mainly by plastic wrapped food and inhalation. Chemical exposure to skin may cause carcinoma. But only plastic exposure may very rarely cause carcinoma. You told that exposure is only 3 to 4 times per month. So, virtually there is no chance to develop cancer. So no need to be worried. But regular exposure to plastic may cause skin damage or dermatitis. So I suggest avoiding plastic.

Is invasive intraductal breast carcinoma curable?

Query: Hello doctor, My mother has been recently diagnosed with invasive intraductal breast carcinoma. I am currently outside the city and have not seen the reports. But, she told me that it is malignant and has spread to two lymph nodes. There is no metastasis. Doctors have told to start chemotherapy for...  Read Full >>

Dr. Satyajit Jalinder Pawar
Medical Oncologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I would definitely like to see the reports. But, as per your history if it has already spread to lymph nodes then it has locally advanced. What is usually done in such cases is to give new adjuvant chemotherapy followed by surgery and radiotherapy. Though I have lim...  Read Full

Does masturbation cause acne?

Query: Hi doctor, I am having serious acne problem for almost eight years. My age is 22. I observed that when I masturbate, they occur. I will not do masturbation daily or excess. I will masturbate only twice a month. Another thing is that even though I do not do, acne comes sometimes. My face becoming...  Read Full >>

Dr. Chaitra Prakash
Cosmetologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Acne is an infection of oil secreting glands of the skin. There is no relation to masturbation. Creams like Mometasone are steroids, and they can aggravate acne. Moreover, they also cause serious side effects like facial hair, redness and fungal infection later. ...  Read Full

Please advise on nasopharyngeal carcinoma in a 17 year old male.

Query: Hello doctor, This query is regarding nasopharyngeal carcinoma non-keratinizing. The patient is a male 17 years. His symptoms are epistaxis, lump on the right side of the neck, and weight loss. Blood tests, CT scan, FNAC cervical lymph node right side of the neck, EBV testing, and biopsy of nasophar...  Read Full >>

Dr. Arshad Hussain Shah
Medical Oncologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen the attachment (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It looks like a nasopharyngeal carcinoma (a head and neck tumor). But still, the staging workup is incomplete. So, you need to do a CT scan of the chest and isotope bone scan or a PET/CT sca...  Read Full

Ask a Sexologist Now