Q. I used to masturbate in plastic bags. Am I at risk of getting cancer?

Dr. Md. Kamrul Hasan Sajib

I used to masturbate from my younger age, and for many years I used to do it in plastic bags (about 51 microns), as I purchase from the market as a packet. Mostly my masturbation periods are from three weeks, two weeks and sometimes one week. Mostly, I do thrice in a month. But for doing masturbation, I wear plastic kit for around half an hour, sometimes 45 minutes. After that, I wash the penis and testicles with soap twice in cold water. And I am mostly addicted to plastic cover masturbation, but I am really afraid that it may cause cancer or it may have already affected. As of now, I do not feel anything bad. But I really need a suggestion. Please help.

Dr. Md. Kamrul Hasan Sajib

Family Physician General Practitioner
#

I have learned about your concern about plastic use in masturbation. Plastics are made full of chemicals. Some chemical leaches when they are heated or scratched. There are some reports that regular exposure to the plastic chemical may cause carcinoma but mainly by plastic wrapped food and inhalation. Chemical exposure to skin may cause carcinoma. But only plastic exposure may very rarely cause carcinoma. You told that exposure is only 3 to 4 times per month. So, virtually there is no chance to develop cancer. So no need to be worried. But regular exposure to plastic may cause skin damage or dermatitis. So I suggest avoiding plastic.

| 

Is invasive intraductal breast carcinoma curable?

Query: Hello doctor, My mother has been recently diagnosed with invasive intraductal breast carcinoma. I am currently outside the city and have not seen the reports. But, she told me that it is malignant and has spread to two lymph nodes. There is no metastasis. Doctors have told to start chemotherapy for...  Read Full »

Does masturbation cause acne?

Query: Hi doctor, I am having serious acne problem for almost eight years. My age is 22. I observed that when I masturbate, they occur. I will not do masturbation daily or excess. I will masturbate only twice a month. Another thing is that even though I do not do, acne comes sometimes. My face becoming...  Read Full »

Please advise on nasopharyngeal carcinoma in a 17 year old male.

Query: Hello doctor, This query is regarding nasopharyngeal carcinoma non-keratinizing. The patient is a male 17 years. His symptoms are epistaxis, lump on the right side of the neck, and weight loss. Blood tests, CT scan, FNAC cervical lymph node right side of the neck, EBV testing, and biopsy of nasophar...  Read Full »

Ask a Sexologist Now