Q. I used to masturbate in plastic bags. Am I at risk of getting cancer?

Dr. Md. Kamrul Hasan Sajib

I used to masturbate from my younger age, and for many years I used to do it in plastic bags (about 51 microns), as I purchase from the market as a packet. Mostly my masturbation periods are from three weeks, two weeks and sometimes one week. Mostly, I do thrice in a month. But for doing masturbation, I wear plastic kit for around half an hour, sometimes 45 minutes. After that, I wash the penis and testicles with soap twice in cold water. And I am mostly addicted to plastic cover masturbation, but I am really afraid that it may cause cancer or it may have already affected. As of now, I do not feel anything bad. But I really need a suggestion. Please help.

#

I have learned about your concern about plastic use in masturbation. Plastics are made full of chemicals. Some chemical leaches when they are heated or scratched. There are some reports that regular exposure to the plastic chemical may cause carcinoma but mainly by plastic wrapped food and inhalation. Chemical exposure to skin may cause carcinoma. But only plastic exposure may very rarely cause carcinoma. You told that exposure is only 3 to 4 times per month. So, virtually there is no chance to develop cancer. So no need to be worried. But regular exposure to plastic may cause skin damage or dermatitis. So I suggest avoiding plastic.

|