Masturbation

Masturbation is the act of stimulating yourself by touching your own genitals for the purpose of sexual pleasure.

Can masturbation worsen headaches?

Query: Hi doctor,I am 22 years old. I am worried about my condition. I got a bad on and off headache on the top of my head tonight. I was trying to sleep and so I started masturbating at night. I thought that it may make my headache better. I continued doing it and my headache became worse. But I stopped a...  Read Full »

Dr. Aida Quka

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your symptoms do not suggest any serious medical condition. High blood pressure can cause headaches and masturbation can raise your blood pressure further. For this, I suggest you monitor your blood pressure frequently for few days. You need to do a complete blood c...  Read Full »

What are the causes for my insomnia and tiredness?

Query: Hi doctor, I want to enquire about something. I have been masturbating in my sleep for the past few months (it is more frequent when I am under stress). In a week, it happens two or three times. Suppose I am under pressure or in a very emotional state of mind, the frequency increases. I do have sle...  Read Full »

Dr. Alexander Davis, Md

General Practitioner, Family Physician, General Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I am sorry that you have these problems. At the same time, it is good that your description indicates nothing towards an escalating danger. Nevertheless, you need to see a neurologist and make sure that your brain and central nervous system are free of significant patho...  Read Full »

Does change in the color of semen indicate any serious problem?

Query: Hi doctor,I am an 18-year-old male. I have a problem with my semen. It seems to be yellow in color. Does this cause any problem? I have acne for three to four years. Does masturbation cause acne?  Read Full »

Dr. Alexander Davis, Md

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Masturbation cannot cause acne directly. But it can change your hormonal balance and shows its effect on the skin. So it changes the course of acne indirectly. To reduce your skin irritation and inflammation, wash your face with warm water and soap twice a day. The yell...  Read Full »

Does excessive masturbation result in physical or mental weakness?

Query: Hi doctor,I am having nightfalls. I have it while sleeping, on changing sides, and while lying straight. Is it due to puberty? I am really anxious about it. I search online regarding this a week back. Something came on it and I watched it. After that, I was having something after dribbling urine. I ...  Read Full »

Dr. J N Naidu

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Ejaculation occurs normally in teenagers when watching porn or naked pictures of girls. When you see it, neurohormonal changes occur. It increases the flow of blood to the penis resulting in erection followed by ejaculation. This is a normal physiological phenomenon...  Read Full »

Can masturbation prevent you from gaining weight?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 19-year-old male. During this lockdown period, I am doing physical exercise daily for an hour. It has three months now. Along with workouts, I am taking a healthy diet to increase my weight. But I am doing masturbation on alternate days. Is it fine? Do I need to stop doing mastu...  Read Full »

Dr. Hemang Sudhakarbhai Jani

Fitness Expert, Physiotherapist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern. For gaining weight, you need to take more proteins in your diet such as pulses, soybeans, and others. You need to do a workout twice daily and do aerobic exercise. Along with it, do yoga pranayam and meditation. Learn Sudarshan Kriya breathing...  Read Full »

Is not getting an erection while having sex for the first time normal?

Query: Hello doctor,I was having sex for the first time in my life. I never had any erection problem, and my penis was hard during the foreplay as well. I was able to put on the condom as well. However, since it was my first time, I was unable to put my penis inside the vagina properly. After 5 to 10 minut...  Read Full »

Dr. Samer S J Altawil

Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thanks for consulting us. Obviously, on your first experience and stress of trying to put a penis inside, you will lose an erection. The parasympathetic system controls erection, and stress will stimulate the sympathetic nervous system that will lead to loss of erectio...  Read Full »

Even after reducing the frequency of masturbation, I cannot get an erection. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been facing a lot of masturbation problems even after my marriage, so much that I did not have sex with my wife for nearly four months now. I am really worried. Need urgent help  Read Full »

Dr. J N Naidu

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please clarify the following 1. Are you unable to stop masturbation? 2. You did not have sex due to an erection problem? 3. Do you suffer from any chronic diseases like diabetes, anemia, etc. The details will help in evaluating the problem correctly.  Read Full »

What is the reason for lower abdominal pain after masturbation?

Query: Hi doctor, I was addicted to masturbation for the past seven years. Now I am controlling to once a week, and now after masturbation, I experience severe to mild pain in my right lower abdomen and frequent urination if my bladder fills up. I experience severe pain until I empty, and I have the urge ...  Read Full »

Andrologist, General Practitioner, Geriatrician, Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Psychotherapist, Sexologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. First of all, I like to inform you that none of your symptoms are related to masturbation. Masturbation is completely harmless and does not cause any serious disorders. The presence of mild lower abdominal pain and frequent urination needs to be treated as it indicates ...  Read Full »

Is it normal to enjoy masturbation more than being with your partner?

Query: Hi doctor,I am a 20-year-old female with average health. I am afraid to ask about sex with my doctor. I am not sexually active but when I am with my partner, I do not feel anything during intercourse. During foreplay, I feel something. While masturbation, I am perfectly fine and I feel amazing. I ha...  Read Full »

Dr. Aamir Muhamed

General Practitioner, Family Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Feeling satisfied during intercourse depends on various factors such as sexual desire with spontaneous sexual interest including sexual thoughts, erotic fantasies and daydreams, psychological issues, and relationship issues. During masturbation, you are aware of the...  Read Full »

I am stressed due to the inability to maintain an erection. Kindly help.

Query: Hi doctor, I am 31 years old. I have been married for four years now and have a 2.5 year old kid. The problem is that I hardly ever feel to have sex with my wife. I started noticing this issue after a couple of weeks into the marriage. I get an erection at the initial stage, but cannot sustain the ...  Read Full »

Dr. Pankaj Mittal

Psychiatrist, Psychotherapist, Sexologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It can be considered as selective anoragasmia. Here the more important part that only with your wife you do not have feelings for intimation during intercourse or difficulty in sustaining erections, while you have good erections while watching porn and masturbation. I wo...  Read Full »