Masturbation

Masturbation is the act of stimulating yourself by touching your own genitals for the purpose of sexual pleasure.

I have been masturbating regularly for the past five years. How do I overcome this habit?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been masturbating regularly for the past five years. Initially, I masturbated thrice daily, and now I masturbate once daily. Porn fantasies are always on my mind. How can I get rid of these thoughts? Kindly help.  Read Full »

Dr. Raveendran S. R

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thank you for your query. Masturbation is normal; it is just another way of having sex without a partner. However, it is a good practice and helps you to calm your mind and release happy and stress-bursting hormones. Masturbating two to three times a week is not an ...  Read Full »

I experience mild penile pain, and soft popping sounds after masturbation. Could it be Peyronie's disease?

Query: Hi doctor, I used to masturbate thrice a week, but about 37 days ago, I stopped for a week. And when I resumed later, there was a mild pain in my penis, which I ignored and continued to masturbate. But I heard a soft popping sound, and I ejaculated, and there was no pain then. After that incident, I...  Read Full »

Dr. Sharath Kumar. C

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through your query and understood your concern. There are two possibilities for your condition: mild soft tissue injury to the base of the penis during masturbation or an acute Peyronie’s disease. Peyronie’s disease has two phases, acute (active) phase, and ...  Read Full »

I have mild pain on erection. Can I be developing Peyronie's disease?

Query: Hello doctor,I am a 22-year-old male. I over masturbate sometimes. Generally, I masturbate twice a day. Recently, I noticed mild pain when I had an erection. The pain was in the mid part of my penis. The pain went away as the erection subsided. I masturbated in the prone method, which is lying down ...  Read Full »

Dr. Shahil Khant

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. One thing I would like to tell you is that prone masturbation is very bad. This can damage the penis in many ways and you should immediately stop it. Yes, it can cause Peyronie's disease. If possible, send me images so that I can see and suggest appropriately.   Read Full »

Will epididymitis cause prolonged testicular pain associated with pain in the lower abdomen?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 28-year-old unmarried male. My spermatic cords and other nerves connecting both the testicles pain considerably for prolonged hours. Especially after getting aroused, pain is there (usually it happens when I get aroused but did not discharge my semen). Both the testicles feel tende...  Read Full »

Dr. Raveendran S. R

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. A lot of reason for your issue, it can be: 1) Prone masturbation can cause pain due to injury. 2) Holding or prolonging orgasm during masturbation. 3) Epididymitis is Inflammation of the tube, back of the testicle that carr...  Read Full »

Why do I have an erection problem during sex and not during masturbation?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 32 year old male. I started masturbating ten years back. CurrentlyI masturbate daily morning and night. Sometimes, I achieve erection very quick, and sometimes it takes time. I masturbate seeing porn videos. The problem is, when I entered marriage life, I could not get a proper ...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your query and understand your concerns. It is your thought, which is creating the problem. For a man of 32 years with regular masturbation for the last 9 years, it is easy to understand that there is no problem with erection. It is the guilty feeling associated...  Read Full »

My sperm count is 25 and I am unable to impregnate my wife. How can I be helped?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 32-year-old married man and I have a habit of masturbation once in a day since the last 13 years. I have no problem with erection or excitement but I am unable to conceive my wife. We have been married for the last two years. I have had sperm analysis and the sperm count is 25 a...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. Masturbation is a safe habit and it does not cause any problems like reduction in counts. So, you need not worry. Your counts are in low range and the motility is also low. Though there are chances of conception, this may becom...  Read Full »

Why does it hurt when I masturbate and do not feel sleepy afterward?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 42-year-old female. I had been masturbating for the past 20 years, but now it hurts while masturbating, and I seem to have lost my sexual desires. In addition, I do not feel sleepy afterward and wake up with numb fingers the following day. Also, I do not enjoy or feel sexually a...  Read Full »

Dr. Asma Sajid Shaikh

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern. There could be two possibilities. First, everyone has a different sex drive and sexual experience. Many people, especially women, experience changes in sex drive after 40 years, depending on their periods or how near to menopause they are...  Read Full »

I am 21 years old; how many times can I masturbate in a week to be healthy?

Query: Hello doctor,I am 21-year-old, and I am healthy. My first question is - how many times can I masturbate in a week without any side effects on my face and health? My second question is - is masturbation harmful to our health even if I do it more than three times a week?  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Masturbation in limit is normal, and various studies worldwide have clearly shown that it does not cause any health risk hazards. It is all the myth created by sculptors of Indian medicine and is a symptom associated with a part of dhat syndrome. In medical science, ...  Read Full »

My left testicle is painful and it appears to have reduced in size. Please guide me.

Query: Hello doctor,I am a 28-year-old male. I have been suffering from pain in my left testicle for the past two days. The size is also decreased when compared to before. I visited a doctor and explained my problem to him. The doctor asked various questions regarding causes, like any recent injuries in th...  Read Full »

Dr. Shahil Khant

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen your reports, and they are fine (attachment removed to protect patient identity). So, there is nothing to worry about at all. The pain may be due to excessive masturbation, which is twice daily. Take the painkiller as advised by your doctor. Avoid mastur...  Read Full »

How to get rid of my frequent masturbation to stay fit?

Query: Hello doctor, I started masturbating at a very early age even before I knew what it was. I was so addicted to it that it became impossible for me to avoid it. Many times, I used to decide that I will never do it again, but failed. I started at the age of 11. From the age of 15, until now, I have don...  Read Full »

Dr. Vishal Anilkumar Gandhi

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Firstly, masturbation does not make you weak. It does not affect your physical health. That is just a myth. Masturbation is similar to what a person does during sex. It is a normal human activity done to fulfill their own desire. It is safe to masturbate. Your ejacula...  Read Full »