Masturbation

Masturbation is the act of stimulating yourself by touching your own genitals for the purpose of sexual pleasure.

Can quitting masturbation affect my health?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a student and unmarried. I decided to quit masturbation. But, sometimes I cannot control my thoughts and actions and watch pornographic content. When I full erection, I will realize that I decided to quit masturbation and somehow come out of it leaving my erection unattended. Erectio...  Read Full »

Dr. Radhakrishnan Nair B

Obstetrician And Gynaecologist, Sexologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is normal to watch porn and masturbate. But, that depends upon the frequency and duration. Masturbating weekly twice is good for you. We get erection in so many occasions, but need not masturbate. It will not affect your sex life or erection. Getting erection itself sh...  Read Full »

How to overcome oily face?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 23 year old male. I am facing a few issues for which I seek your help. I have oily face, but a very dry body skin. Please advise what I can do to overcome this. I stay in a joint family and as a result have to masturbate very privately most of the times. Also, most of the times I...  Read Full »

Dr. Gaurang Gupta

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Hair Transplant Surgeon, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I would like to reply it in pointwise: Oily face is the nature of the skin. It is very difficult to cure it permanently. But, you can try the following tips. Do not use hair oil or any sticky cream on face. Avoid oily food, chocolate, milk products, dust and use sunscree...  Read Full »

Why am I not able to have erection during sex?

Query: Hi doctor, I have ED. My penis does not erect whenever I tried to have sex with my wife. It goes down in less than a minute. I feel really bad. Please help me out regarding this.  Read Full »

Andrologist, General Practitioner, Geriatrician, Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Psychotherapist, Sexologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your query and understand your concerns. Before we can make any conclusions, I request you to provide the following details. So, an impression can be made about the cause of the problem. How long are you facing this problem? How the problem started whether it w...  Read Full »

I masturbate frequently and have ED with hip and groin pain. Please suggest solution.

Query: Hello doctor, I am 29 years old. My PSA is 0.93. No change in urination pattern. I have a dull pain in the groin, hips, thighs, rectum, and perineum. I masturbate frequently from the age of 15. I suffer ED for two weeks.  Read Full »

Dr. Shahil Khant

Andrologist, General Surgeon, Urologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. ED (erectile dysfunction) is the most common problem nowadays. It is curable. Your PSA (prostate-specific antigen) is absolutely normal. ED can be psychological or organic. Psychological causes are stress, anxiety, and other life problems. Since you had good erections ...  Read Full »

My handgrip is weak. Is it due to masturbation?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 26 years old. For the last 10 years, I am suffering from very weak hand grip strength. At the age of 16 it started and grip strength was negligible for like four years. Then I started working out with hand grippers and the condition has improved a lot. There is no pain or numbnes...  Read Full »

Dr. Prakashkumar P.bhatt

Internal Medicine Physician, General Medicine Physician, Neurologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. There is no link between masturbation and handgrip weakness. The cause of your hand grip weakness needs to evaluate further. You need an in-person neurologist consultation face to face because we need to examine your strength, reflexes, sensations of your hands. Is ...  Read Full »

Do masturbating with the help of excitement source cause any harm?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 23-year-old male. I am having a problem with masturbation, which is done mainly by seeing sexy pictures and imagining. Two years before, I had a very accident and saved by a neurosurgeon. Please advise.  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. In many parts of the world, sexuality is surrounded by a lot of myths and abnormal beliefs. Masturbation is one of them and it is considered a problem or disease by a large segment of society. In fact, it has no harmful effect if done for a reasonable time. For a 23-ye...  Read Full »

Can masturbation affect sexual life after marriage?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 32 years old and I am going to get married after two months. I am doing masturbation rubbing penis in bed for many years. Will this affect my sexual life after marriage? Can it lead to erectile dysfunction and other issues?  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your query and understand your concerns. I would like to inform you that masturbation is completely harmless process and not associated with any ill-effects. Infact almost 95 % of the men do masturbation in their life time and nothing is wrong with self-stimulati...  Read Full »

I masturbated in a new place and feel ashamed. Please advise.

Query: Hello doctor, Three weeks ago we had a problem with water in my apartment, so the owner gave us a second apartment to use the water while they fix the issue. What happened is that day I felt the urge to masturbate but what happened on that day is that I felt ashamed because I felt that I really di...  Read Full »

Dr. Ruhi Satija

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It looks like you are having obsessive thoughts, as you also have history of OCD. I would suggest you to talk to a therapist and take cognitive behavioral therapy. It would be helpful for you to have control over your obsession. You can find a local therapist or we c...  Read Full »

Will masturbating daily lead to erectile dysfunction or premature ejaculation?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 27 years old unmarried male. I am a diabetic and a high BP patient. I have some queries regarding sexual health. 1. I use to masturbate daily as I am habituated to it. Is it harmful? If not how many times in a day I can do so? 2. Will it hamper my sex life? Does it lead to er...  Read Full »

Dr. Vinod Kumar

Yoga Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You are definitely in need of a healthy life style. As you have not mentioned whether you are suffering from type 2 diabetes mellitus or type 1 diabetes mellitus. But looking at the medication mentioned by you, I am considering it type 2 diabetes mellitus. Other asso...  Read Full »

Can masturbation cause stomach pain and cramps?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 26-year-old boy. I am suffering from stomach pain, cramps, and gastric problem. Before six years when I eat some food I got still more inflammation, pain, and cramps. The first year when I reported in the hospital I came to know that I have gastric ulcer, so I took the medicat...  Read Full »

Dr. Raveendran Sr

Sexologist, Diabetologist, Andrologist, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern for your symptoms. The cramps, and pain during and after masturbation can be due to, 1. Renal calculi, do you have any abdominal pain? 2. Urinary tract infection may be a reason. Do you have burning or increased urination? 3. Epididym...  Read Full »