Masturbation

Masturbation is the act of stimulating yourself by touching your own genitals for the purpose of sexual pleasure.

Can excessive masturbation cause blood in urine?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 30 years old, I have habit of masturbation. One day I found blood in my urine. Visisted urologist ,doctor told me it is because of excessive mastrubation and suggested ultrasound scan. The reports came normal. He wrote medicines which I started taking and a week back I masturbate...  Read Full »

Dr. Samer S J Altawil

Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I reviewed your pictures and ultrasound pictures report (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Blood in semen with a person less than 40 years old is mostly due to inflammation of the prostate or seminal vesicles and this inflammation can be caused by infec...  Read Full »

I have white mark on penis after masturbation. Could this be herpes?

Query: Hello doctor, Is it possible to get herpes on the penis from masturbation? I have a small white mark on the head of my penis and I get cold sores on my lips after two days. I am currently on Phenytoin, Clonazepam for epilepsy, Tamsulosin and Dutasteride for enlarged prostate.  Read Full »

Dr. Snehal Laul

Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Attach a picture of the lesion for details. Do you have papules, vesicles, or crust? Pain in lesion? Burning, tingling, or ulcer? Is it a primary episode or recurrent? Any lesion on the vermilion border of lips? Or genital lesions?  Read Full »

My testicular pain and swelling subsides with masturbation. What kind of pain is this?

Query: Hi doctor, I am having pain in my right testicle but it is a dull pain and it is hard to pinpoint exactly which side but I would like to say it is my right testicle that gets swollen and also has that fullness feeling in the entire sac. It normally flairs up every single morning for the past four ...  Read Full »

Dr. Samer S J Altawil

Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I appreciate your detailed description. Testicular pain can be apparent and have a cause or can be idiopathic (unknown) also. Testicular pain can be secondary to the inflammation of testis epididymis or both it can be associated with a hernia which not necessarily appea...  Read Full »

Though I quit masturbation, I did not get strong erections. Why?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 25 years old. I am having weak erections for two months. I think it is because of more masturbation so I stopped doing it since 35 days, but still, I am not having erections. I am also having a prominent vein on the top and either side of the penis even when flaccid. I do not smoke ...  Read Full »

Dr. Chirag Bhandari

Andrologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. According to your history, it looks like you have psychogenic erectile dysfunction. Stopping masturbation would not help. The best would be to start a short course of medicines and take cognitive behavioral therapy to reduce the anxiety which has caused this problem. Th...  Read Full »

Will regular masturbation cause discoloration of penile head?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 21 years old. I have been worried because my penis head has turned blackish and I have horizontal wrinkles on it. I masturbate once a day for the past three years and often forget to clean the sperm after masturbating. Please suggest.  Read Full »

Andrologist, General Practitioner, Geriatrician, Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Psychotherapist, Sexologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your query and understand your concerns. I have gone through the attached images (attachment removed to protect patient identity), and it is true that there is some black discoloration at the glans penis (penis head) but it does not look like symptom of any i...  Read Full »

Will masturbation be the reason for my short penis and ED?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 25 years old, unmarried. I think my penis size is small. Because of masturbation, I have a problem with ED. I would like you to suggest medicine for these two problems.  Read Full »

Dr. Rahul Kansal

Psychiatrist, Sexologist, Andrologist, Psychologist Counsellor, Psychotherapist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Before jumping to any treatment follow the advice as given below. You are indeed developing signs of ED (erectile dysfunction). You also seem to have exaggerated guilt of masturbation. Understand that 90% of males start masturbation by the age of 14. Rest 8-9% start...  Read Full »

Is it normal to enjoy masturbation more than being with your partner?

Query: Hi, Im a 20y/o female, with average health. I've always been afraid to ask about sex whether with my gyn or my doctors. I'm not always sexually active, but when i am with my partner, I don't feel anything vaginally during intercourse, during foreplay I feel some but not much. However, when mastur...  Read Full »

Dr. Aamir Muhamed

General Practitioner, Family Physician

Answer: Hello, Feeling satisfied in intercourse depends on a number of factors - Sexual desire (spontaneous sexual interest including sexual thoughts, erotic fantasies, and daydreams.etc.). Psychological issues. Relationship issues. Another important point is that during masturbation you are aware of the...  Read Full »

What could be the reason for testicle pain with swollen glans and abdominal pain?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a symptom similar to gonorrhea and chlamydia with chronic testicles pain and swelling at the tip. Glans has a weird color, and pain under the abdomen sometimes. The urine test reveasl negative for STD. I am waiting to see a urologist and it has been for a year, now symptoms see...  Read Full »

Dr. Devendra

Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. From history, it seems you have pain in testicle and at the tip of glans. I need to know about frequency of urine at night, urgency to pass urine, sense of incomplete voiding? How is the flow of urine? Any straining to pass urine? Unprotected sexual exposure? Constipat...  Read Full »

Can quitting masturbation affect my health?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a student and unmarried. I decided to quit masturbation. But, sometimes I cannot control my thoughts and actions and watch pornographic content. When I full erection, I will realize that I decided to quit masturbation and somehow come out of it leaving my erection unattended. Erectio...  Read Full »

Dr. Radhakrishnan Nair B

Obstetrician And Gynaecologist, Sexologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is normal to watch porn and masturbate. But, that depends upon the frequency and duration. Masturbating weekly twice is good for you. We get erection in so many occasions, but need not masturbate. It will not affect your sex life or erection. Getting erection itself sh...  Read Full »

How to overcome oily face?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 23 year old male. I am facing a few issues for which I seek your help. I have oily face, but a very dry body skin. Please advise what I can do to overcome this. I stay in a joint family and as a result have to masturbate very privately most of the times. Also, most of the times I...  Read Full »

Dr. Gaurang Gupta

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Hair Transplant Surgeon, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I would like to reply it in pointwise: Oily face is the nature of the skin. It is very difficult to cure it permanently. But, you can try the following tips. Do not use hair oil or any sticky cream on face. Avoid oily food, chocolate, milk products, dust and use sunscree...  Read Full »