Masturbation

Masturbation is the act of stimulating yourself by touching your own genitals for the purpose of sexual pleasure.

Can excessive masturbation and sex cause pimple in my penis?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 35 year old male, who is in good health. So, here is the story. It first started two weeks ago. My girlfriend thought it would be fun to remove my pubic hair one night. She started the waxing process, but after the first removal strips had been off, I decided I was never going t...  Read Full »

Psychiatrist, Sexologist, Psychotherapist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. First of all, I would like to tell you that you only have small bumps over the shaft of the penis. There is no discharge, redness, itching or tingling. Most of STDs (sexually transmitted diseases) results in discharge, mild fever, and ...  Read Full »

Does masturbating in plastic bags cause cancer?

Query: Hi doctor, I used to masturbate from my younger age, and for many years I used to do it in plastic bags (about 51 microns), as I purchase from the market as a packet. Mostly my masturbation periods are from three weeks, two weeks and sometimes one week. Mostly, I do thrice in a month. But for doing...  Read Full »

Dr. Md. Kamrul Hasan Sajib

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have learned about your concern about plastic use in masturbation. Plastics are made full of chemicals. Some chemical leaches when they are heated or scratched. There are some reports that regular exposure to the plastic chemical may cause carcinoma but mainly by p...  Read Full »

Does masturbation make the penis tickle?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a tickling sensation in my penis. I showed to urologists online and they said it will get fine soon. There was no need to take medicines as they said it happened due to continuous and vigorous masturbation. This has been there for the last six months. This triggers my mind as t...  Read Full »

Criticalcare Physician, Diabetologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Gastroenterologist, Nephrologist, Pulmonologist, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. This can happen as a result of anxiety that excessive masturbation can cause. Now the treatment I would suggest is to start with capsule Neurokind-Gold (Ginseng extract, multivitamins, multimineral, and antioxidants) once daily for a month and tablet Amitriptyline 1...  Read Full »

I could not control my urge to masturbate. Is there any medicine to stop it?

Query: Hello doctor,I weight 74 kg, with 5.9 ft. From three years before I had started masturbation and increased that I am doing it three times per day. I have tried myself very much to stop it, but I failed I have now reduced that I do it after two days one time. But I want to leave it permanently. Telli...  Read Full »

Andrologist, General Practitioner, Geriatrician, Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Psychotherapist, Sexologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. If you want to know your problem, I like to tell you that you are not having any problem. The occasional feeling of shivering or weakness are the normal phenomenon that occurs to everybody, but the only difference with you is that you are relating these feelings with...  Read Full »

Can masturbating using saliva cause herpes?

Query: Hello doctor, I have had this sore on my lip for a week now. It is drying up but before it was drying I masturbated using my saliva and touched the sore. For certain reasons I am aware, this sore could be herpes. My question is could I have passed it to my genitals by touching and rubbing my penis.  Read Full »

Cardiologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Less likely, but it is possible if the sore on your lips is herpes only. But, chances of this happening are less as infection at lip will give you immunity against current infection. So virus will not be able to multiply at other sites. Also, since lesion is drying, ...  Read Full »

I am addicted to watching porn, and masturbation. How to control it?

Query: Hello doctor, I am addicted to watching porn, and I masturbate three times a day in the past 10 days. How to control me? And I got rashes on the backside of the body for the last three years.  Read Full »

Dr. Pankaj Mittal

Psychiatrist, Psychotherapist, Sexologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your query very well. I want to say that watching any video, whether it is sex video or non-sex video for a long period, will have a negative impact on your physique and. Negative impacts can be in the form of a decrease in your vision, mood and behavior...  Read Full »

There is a swollen hard thick cord along the shaft of my penis. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been masturbating on a daily basis for a long time. For the past two years, I have noticed a swollen hard thick cord along the shaft of my penis. It is more obvious when flaccid. It is nonpainful at all and it is pulsating and changes sizes. Help me, please.  Read Full »

Dr. Vaibhav

Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Masturbation does not cause any such thickened cord, usually, these cord-like structures are dilated veins. It does not require treatment except in very rare cases when it is painful. Still, I would recommend you to visit a urologist once for physical examination as a c...  Read Full »

What causes pain in penis after masturbation?

Query: Hi doctor, My query relates to two protruding veins, on the left side of the penis shaft. The area is quite painful. This occurred, I guess, due to vigorous masturbation. I would like to hear your advice.  Read Full »

Dr. Praveen Pushkar

Urologist, Andrologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Veins are normally present in the penis, and they get dilated and prominent during an erection. But, they are never painful unless there is an injury or inflammation. Kindly send me a picture to help me diagnose. You are likely to get relief if you abstain from sexual...  Read Full »

I am bleeding after using vibrator. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 19 year old female. I am a virgin, but I masturbate quite a bit. Before, it was around at least once per day but it has been dying down to mainly the weekends. I use a vibrator and it is not actually a vibrator but a small hand-held massager for the back. I use it on my clitoris a...  Read Full »

Dr. Vidya

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Masturbation does not generally hold a great risk but it does cause some complications. Frequent masturbation causes addiction. The mild bleeding you experience with the use of the vibrator could be due to local injury to the vaginal mucosa following a stimulating con...  Read Full »

Does masturbation cause acne?

Query: Hi doctor, I am having serious acne problem for almost eight years. My age is 22. I observed that when I masturbate, they occur. I will not do masturbation daily or excess. I will masturbate only twice a month. Another thing is that even though I do not do, acne comes sometimes. My face becoming...  Read Full »

Dr. Chaitra Prakash

Cosmetologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Acne is an infection of oil secreting glands of the skin. There is no relation to masturbation. Creams like Mometasone are steroids, and they can aggravate acne. Moreover, they also cause serious side effects like facial hair, redness and fungal infection later. ...  Read Full »

All the answers published in the forum are given by leading doctors, therapists and health experts.