Masturbation

Masturbation is the act of stimulating yourself by touching your own genitals for the purpose of sexual pleasure.

Do masturbating with the help of excitement source cause any harm?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 23-year-old male. I am having a problem with masturbation, which is done mainly by seeing sexy pictures and imagining. Two years before, I had a very accident and saved by a neurosurgeon. Please advise.  Read Full »

Andrologist, General Practitioner, Geriatrician, Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Psychotherapist, Sexologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. In many parts of the world, sexuality is surrounded by a lot of myths and abnormal beliefs. Masturbation is one of them and it is considered a problem or disease by a large segment of society. In fact, it has no harmful effect if done for a reasonable time. For a 23-ye...  Read Full »

Can masturbation affect sexual life after marriage?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 32 years old and I am going to get married after two months. I am doing masturbation rubbing penis in bed for many years. Will this affect my sexual life after marriage? Can it lead to erectile dysfunction and other issues?  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your query and understand your concerns. I would like to inform you that masturbation is completely harmless process and not associated with any ill-effects. Infact almost 95 % of the men do masturbation in their life time and nothing is wrong with self-stimulati...  Read Full »

I masturbated in a new place and feel ashamed. Please advise.

Query: Hello doctor, Three weeks ago we had a problem with water in my apartment, so the owner gave us a second apartment to use the water while they fix the issue. What happened is that day I felt the urge to masturbate but what happened on that day is that I felt ashamed because I felt that I really di...  Read Full »

Dr. Ruhi Satija

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It looks like you are having obsessive thoughts, as you also have history of OCD. I would suggest you to talk to a therapist and take cognitive behavioral therapy. It would be helpful for you to have control over your obsession. You can find a local therapist or we c...  Read Full »

Will masturbating daily lead to erectile dysfunction or premature ejaculation?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 27 years old unmarried male. I am a diabetic and a high BP patient. I have some queries regarding sexual health. 1. I use to masturbate daily as I am habituated to it. Is it harmful? If not how many times in a day I can do so? 2. Will it hamper my sex life? Does it lead to er...  Read Full »

Dr. Vinod Kumar

Yoga Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You are definitely in need of a healthy life style. As you have not mentioned whether you are suffering from type 2 diabetes mellitus or type 1 diabetes mellitus. But looking at the medication mentioned by you, I am considering it type 2 diabetes mellitus. Other asso...  Read Full »

Can masturbation cause stomach pain and cramps?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 26-year-old boy. I am suffering from stomach pain, cramps, and gastric problem. Before six years when I eat some food I got still more inflammation, pain, and cramps. The first year when I reported in the hospital I came to know that I have gastric ulcer, so I took the medicat...  Read Full »

Dr. Raveendran Sr

Sexologist, Diabetologist, Andrologist, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern for your symptoms. The cramps, and pain during and after masturbation can be due to, 1. Renal calculi, do you have any abdominal pain? 2. Urinary tract infection may be a reason. Do you have burning or increased urination? 3. Epididym...  Read Full »

Can Ashwagandha and Shilajit be used for fatigue due to masturbation?

Query: Hi doctor, Earlier in my life I had the problem of over-masturbation. This was related to my mental depression as well. However, I have recovered from the habit of over-masturbation. But, still I masturbate once in four days. This causes fatigue, back pain and leg pain. Can I use supplements such as...  Read Full »

Dr. Niveditha Srinivasamurthy

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, you can certainly go for ayurveda supplements. Masturbating once in four days is not abnormal. You are probably low on essential vitamins and that is causing the body pain. I would not recommend Shilajit. It is to be taken under strict medical supervision only. Go fo...  Read Full »

Why does my penis go flaccid right before ejaculation?

Query: Hello doctor, I had a minor bike accident four years back. A couple of days later, I realized that I was not getting erections. I consulted a urologist and was diagnosed with ED and was administered medicine (in sachets) to be emptied into a glass of water and consumed. That brought back interest in...  Read Full »

Dr. Shahil Khant

Andrologist, General Surgeon, Urologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Relax and do not worry. If possible, please send me color doppler report. Also, do you watch porn or addicted to porn? If your penis doppler test is normal, then the cause is psychological may be due to excessive stress or porn induced erection problems. I see many c...  Read Full »

Why do epididymitis patients have pain after masturbation?

Query: Hello doctor, I have epididymitis and I am taking Ciprofloxacin for it. I was feeling better but then I masturbated and all the pain is back.  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. How long have you been taking the Ciprofloxacin and at which dose? Are you taking any medications for pain?   Read Full »

Is it normal to have clear watery sperm?

Query: Hello doctor,I am 20-year-old boy have watery clear sperm for months is it normal? Many of them tell that sperm is grey or white. My semen has an odor, sticky, slightly thin. Is it common at this age? There are no other problems like pain in testes, no frequent ejaculation, wet dream has happened an...  Read Full »

Allergy Specialist, General Practitioner, ENT Otolaryngologist, Family Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The grey or white is a very subjective description. Do not worry if your ejaculate is colorless. Your ejaculate consists of not just sperm but prostatic fluid a fluid secreted by seminal vesicles and some other glands. Sperm gets produced in three months. Frequent ma...  Read Full »

Can excessive masturbation and sex cause pimple in my penis?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 35 year old male, who is in good health. So, here is the story. It first started two weeks ago. My girlfriend thought it would be fun to remove my pubic hair one night. She started the waxing process, but after the first removal strips had been off, I decided I was never going t...  Read Full »

Psychiatrist, Sexologist, Psychotherapist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. First of all, I would like to tell you that you only have small bumps over the shaft of the penis. There is no discharge, redness, itching or tingling. Most of STDs (sexually transmitted diseases) results in discharge, mild fever, and ...  Read Full »