Mds

What does RAEB mean?

Query: Hi doctor, I am writing to you regarding the health status of an elderly person. She is 85 years old and still in pretty good condition. Her current cardiological status rated to be very well with no diabetes or any other medical issues. But from last year she shows a myelodysplastic syndrome. A bo...  Read Full »

Dr. Muhammad M. Hanif Md.

Cardiologist, Criticalcare Physician, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com.I have carefully worked through your case and want to assure you that proper care and expert opinion will be extended. Actually, when there is a hematology report which questions the quality of the biopsy specimen, we cannot just comment on the outcome of the test or to ...  Read Full »

My WBC counts are falling down. What is the reason?

Query: Hi doctor, I am concerned about my low and falling WBC count recently. I do not have any chronic diseases. My doctor says, it is vitamin B12 deficiency and the doctor has prescribed Vitamin B12 to take 1000 mg per day. My mother had MDS, diagnosed two years back and expired from it. My WBC counts r...  Read Full »

Dr. Elina Angelova Beleva

Hematologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your worries. First, it is of utmost importance to have a glass slide reviewed by a hematologist to check for the morphologic abnormalities, that is the dysplastic features of the cells. Not only it depends on the count, but also on the appearance of th...  Read Full »