Meal Plan

How to lose belly fat?

Query: Hi doctor, In two months, I am going to be 24. My weight is 52 kg and my height is 5 feet 3.5 inches. I want to lose some weight, especially belly fat and side fat. Please give me a solution. Thank you.  Read Full »

Dr. Swapan Banerjee

Dietician, Fitness Expert, Nutritionist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thanks for your question. I can see your BMI (body mass index) is 20.0. This is quite standard as per your weight and height are concerned. For losing weight, you should go for meal planning that is diet. Maintain disciplined lifestyle, rest and also daily few fr...  Read Full »

I have an issue with portion control. How to correct overeating?

Query: Hi doctor, I am taking consciously healthy, and a vegetarian diet with my partner. But, I have an issue with portion control. When I was growing up, food was not always available to me. So, when I had food, I ate a lot, and that habit has followed me into my adult life too. I am curious to retrain ...  Read Full »

Dr. Suneetha B S

Diabetologist, Family Physician, Microbiologist, Nutritionist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Portion control is very important to maintain a healthy body. If you have trouble in controlling portions, try to follow the following tips: Have a full glass of water or one cucumber before each meal. It helps to fill up your part of the stomach. So, you are unable to e...  Read Full »

Can you suggest a vegetarian diet plan for getting a healthy and fit body?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a pure vegetarian. I have been hitting the gym on a regular basis during morning hours. I could feel the change in me but not the kind of lean body which I am looking for. I am a foodie and I love to eat everything which is vegetarian. Lots of fat is accumulated in my face and st...  Read Full »

Dr. Shilpa Devanhalli

Ayurveda Specialist, Dietician, Nutritionist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Based on your current height and weight, your BMI (body mass index) is in the normal category. In order to give you a personalized diet plan, I need more information about: Your current diet and fitness goals. Also, can you provide me your report - body fat perce...  Read Full »

Why is my stomach rumbling?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 13-year-old female and my height is 5 feet. I weigh about 106 pounds. I have been having stomach issues. The main issue is stomach rumbling. It happens when I wake up, after eating almost anything and before I sleep. I have tried skipping one of the meals but to no avail. It st...  Read Full »

Dr. Suneetha B S

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. If you are not drinking enough fluids, I suggest you increase your water intake to eight large glasses per day. Sometimes gluten intolerance could be causing symptoms similar to what you have described. Gluten intolerance can start at any age even if you have neve...  Read Full »

Please suggest a meal plan for my mother based on her recent reports.

Query: Hello doctor, My 59 year old mother is under treatment for hypothyroidism, hypertension, and osteoarthritis of knee joints along with a mild iron deficiency anemia. With the help of medications, TSH (3.15), BP (120/72) and FBS (89) are currently stable, although she used to get symptoms like reeling...  Read Full »

Dr. Durga Kumari

Dietician, Nutritionist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I saw her reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). All her numbers are alright, except few which are in the borderline. But, no need to worry about it. Her diet should be perfectly balanced according to the climate. Also, exercise and yoga play a signi...  Read Full »

Can you suggest a diet plan to reduce my weight and achieve pregnancy?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 29 year old housewife. I am suffering from infertility since I got married seven years ago. I have PCOD, tubal block, and hypothyroidism. I am overweight. All the treatments we took for conception failed. I was advised to reduce my weight by at least 10 %. But, I am unable to ...  Read Full »

Dr. Durga Kumari

Dietician, Nutritionist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please do not get scared about your weight. You can reduce it easily by following a good diet plan and with normal walking. I am sending you a diet chart. Please follow it and be in touch with me for the follow-up. Foods to be included are: Fish like salmon (Saiman), t...  Read Full »

Can you give me a custom meal plan for weight gain?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 23 year old male, slightly underweight for my height. I believe I eat enough to satiate my appetite but, I still do not gain weight. The quality of my food is good too but, I am just worried about the distribution of nutrients, that is if I am taking a balanced diet or not. I a...  Read Full »

Dr. Shakti Mishra

Fitness Expert, Nutritionist, Physiotherapist, Yoga Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. As you are into hypertensive medication, you are bound to face some weight issues. Take four small meals per day. Never starve yourself. Try to include a lot of milk and dairy products in your diet. Breakfast should be heavy with sandwiches or milk and oats or fruits l...  Read Full »

Kindly plan me diet chart, i m 30 yrs old 5 feet 5 inches tall and weight is 68 kgs

Query: Hi doctor, I am 30 years old. I am 5 feet 5 inches tall and my weight is 68 kg. I am a bit heavy around my lower body. Kindly plan me a diet chart.  Read Full »

Dr. Vinod Kumar Atreya

General Surgeon

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You need 1200 Kcal per day and the diet chart is as below: Bed tea - 1 cup. Breakfast: Milk or curd - 150 mL. Cereal - 25 g. Protein - 30 g. Mid morning: Fruit or salad or sprouts - 100 g. Tea - 1 cup. Snacks ...  Read Full »