Mental Health

I can see some shadows near my bed at night. Kindly help.

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 28 year old female. My height is 1.68 m and weight is 82 kg. I see things that other people do not see. Always at night, I see shadows at the end of my bed as someone noticing me. When I look at the shadow, either it will disappear or just walk away. I am not on any medication.  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your query and understand your concerns. From the available description, it appears that either you are experiencing visual hallucinations or excessive visual imagery. The first one is never normal and can indicate serious illness related to your mind as well as th...  Read Full »

Why am I getting negative thoughts regarding my health?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 47 year old healthy female. My problem is that I think too much and I get a lot of negative thoughts about my health throughout the day. I always feel that something is wrong with me. Apart from that I have a healthy lifestyle and go to the gym regularly. These thoughts keep oc...  Read Full »

Dr. Aditya Gupta

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. These kind of ruminations are quite common, especially in premenstrual period. The things that will help you are as follows. Meditate daily for at least half an hour in the morning. Daily write down whatever that comes to your mind uncensored and never read ...  Read Full »

How can IQ and mental development of child be assessed?

Query: Hello doctor, Kindly help me to understand my elder daughter's behaviour. She was born 14 years back. At her childhood, she was very energetic and hyperactive. We had put her in pre-school at 2.5 years and now she is in class 9. She is 13.5 years old now. I am finding her maturity level is far belo...  Read Full »

Dr. Ruhi Satija

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I am sorry to hear about your situation, I can understand how difficult it might be for you. What you are describing needs a physical examination as well as a mental status examination and IQ testing. You will have to consult a neurologist or a pediatrician. You can ...  Read Full »

How to improve mental crisis such as suicidal thoughts?

Query: Hello doctor, Is mental health not as important as or more important than physical health? Why? What seems to be the dominant approach to treating people with depressive disorders? And, how do you think it could improve to prevent mental health crises, namely suicide? How should the topic of mental...  Read Full »

Dr. Ruhi Satija

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Sharing my thoughts based on my professional experience and expertise. Mental Health is as important or probably even more important than physical health because most physical ailment or issue starts within the mind or if it is not for to a mental process, its to...  Read Full »

How to break the stigma around mental health?

Query: Hello doctor, What is the stigma around mental health? Why it is there? How can people help break the stigma around mental health and what advice do you have for people who want help but stigma is keeping them from getting it?  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Stigma for mental illnesses is as old as civilization itself. Persons having mental illnesses were considered as evil. Mental illnesses were thought to be due to past life sins. A person having any kind of mental illness whether neurotic or psychotic was considered a...  Read Full »

Kindly provide some health tips that every woman should know.

Query: Hello doctor, Kindly provide some health tips that every woman should know.   Read Full »

Dr. Alka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. 1. Eat a healthy diet. Women are always conscious about their food. But dieting does not mean you cannot eat fat or carbohydrates. Fats and carbohydrates are also necessary for the body. Women should take healthy fats and carbohydrates in proper amount along with pro...  Read Full »

I contract my muscles and thighs during intercourse and my partner is not able to do it. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I get pain when my husband inserts, but I am not sure it is because of fear or physical pain. I contract my muscles and thighs, and he is not able to do it. We are not having proper sexual intercourse. I get highly wet too but contract myself when he inserts. Please help. I feel it is...  Read Full »

Dr. Arooj Najmussaqib

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It might be mental stress or fear. But you must get checked up from gynecologist to ensure there is no physical problem. Some women do have strong constrictions and pain during sexual intercourse. If you still feel it is a mental issue than following tips may help, ...  Read Full »

I feel that my brain becomes hot while studying even if I take proper rest. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I feel that my brain becomes hot while studying. I studied the whole day and slept for two hours continuously for three days after that my left eye started paining, and my brain also started getting hot severely. Still, now it is continuing even if I take proper rest during exam time ...  Read Full »

Dr. Prakashkumar P Bhatt

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Left eye pain and hot feeling in your head is due to severe mechanical stress to your body because of extreme mental exertion and lack of sleep for three days. As a neurologist, my first advice will be to take some rest and be relaxed and calm. To take rest and enoug...  Read Full »

I am jobless and getting frustrated by family. What can I do?

Query: Hello doctor, I m a 26-year-old. I do not have any job now. I worked for a project of a private company. Then I tried some other posts, but nothing worked. I was good at studies, so I decided to prepare for a government job. I have a fiance. He is too preparing for the government job. I do not kno...  Read Full »

Dr. Vishal Anilkumar Gandhi

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You should try your freelancer if you can do. Create your own business, do not get worried about a job if you do not get it. Be hopeful and relax. Everything will be fine. Do exercise daily for 30 to 45 minutes and lose your weight which will help for even PCOD. Do ...  Read Full »

When I shave, people say I look homosexual. Is there any solution for this?

Query: Hi doctor,I am a 20 year old male. People say I look like gay when I shave. Dealing with it is tough. Is there any reason or solution to this?  Read Full »

Dr. Surabhi

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It would have been better if you had included a little more information about your problems. Anyways, are there other reasons as to why people believe that you are gay like mannerisms, type of clothes you wear, etc. Sometimes, one's own suppressed homosexuality is also ...  Read Full »