Mesalazine

Please suggest a medicine for bloody stool in ulcerative colitis.

Query: Hello doctor, I have been diagnosed with ulcerative colitis about a year back with 30-40 cm from the anal area by colonoscopy. I started taking Asacol (Mesalazine delayed-release tablets) about two tablets twice a day and now it has reduced to two tablets a day. I am also taking Ayurvedic medicine...  Read Full »

Dr. Sony Subhash

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Diet and pranayama are the ones which shall be given key importance here. I shall suggest you to have good quantity of fruits and fiber rich diet for the next one week. You can have oats meal for both breakfast and dinner. Consume rice soup with a pinch of salt as lu...  Read Full »

What is the dosage of Pentasa for bowel problem?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a problem in my bowel since more than one month, so I had a colonoscopy with biopsy. The doctor informed me that I have mild inflammation and colitis. The doctor gave me two medications, Pentasa 500 and Tarivid 200. I used Pentasa 500 for three weeks, and I become recovered almo...  Read Full »

Dr. Klerida Shehu

Answer: Hi,Welcome to icliniq.com.I have seen the attached report (attachment removed to protect patient identity).You have diverticulitis and mild colitis. That is why you should use antibiotics like Tarivid (Ofloxacin) 200 mg. Diverticulitis explains your symptoms like diarrhea and stomach pain.With r...  Read Full »

How to get treated for ulcerative colitis?

Query: Hi doctor, I am suffering from ulcerative colitis for the past five years. I had a colonoscopy twice and sigmoidoscopy once in the past five years. I am 28 years old. I had Balacol 750 mg six times a day and Mesacol enema for a month. Because of short supply of Balacol, I cannot take it for one week...  Read Full »

Criticalcare Physician, Diabetologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Gastroenterologist, Nephrologist, Pulmonologist, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com We are here to help you. You seem to be suffering from ulcerative colitis and that requires evidence of the findings in colonoscopy and biopsy. This is a chronic condition and requires chronic treatment based on the severity of the disease and the ongoing symptoms. Treatm...  Read Full »