Q. What is the dosage of Pentasa for bowel problem?

Answered by Dr. Klerida Shehu and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Mesalazine or Ofloxacin? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

I have a problem in my bowel since more than one month, so I had a colonoscopy with biopsy. The doctor informed me that I have mild inflammation and colitis. The doctor gave me two medications, Pentasa 500 and Tarivid 200. I used Pentasa 500 for three weeks, and I become recovered almost 70 %. I am hesitated to take the antibiotic. Two days ago, I had some diarrhea and pain in the lower left side of my stomach. I also had nausea after one hour of having meal. Should I take the antibiotic? What is the dosage of Pentasa? Do I have to reduce it to 2 g a day? Any other recommendation? I am attaching my reports. Thank you.