Q. How to fix the gap between the front teeth?

Dr. Nupur Prashant Shah
This is a premium question & answer published on Aug 23, 2016 and last reviewed on: Jul 11, 2020

I was looking into veneers and invisalign to fix the gap between my front teeth. I am not sure what would fix them. So, I am looking for some initial advice. I have attached a picture for you to view. Thank you.

#

I have gone through your query and attached photograph (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

• First of all, let me know you that the space between upper front teeth, which you are having, is called midline diastema.
  • It can occur due to many reasons like abnormal frenal attachment, tooth-arch material discrepancy, habits like thumb sucking and tongue thrusting in childhood.
  • According to the cause, midline diastema can be treated with fixed or removal appliances, composite crowns, veneers, frenectomy, gingivoplasty, etc.
  • So, consult your nearby dentist to rule out the cause and plan the treatment.

OPG (orthopantomogram) to check the condition of the roots of the upper front teeth.

For further doubts consult a dentist online.---> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dentist

|